BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 21, 2017 9:02 pm  #1

Stranger Things

Any of you guys watching Stranger Things? I binged season 1 on one day and fell in love with it. Perfect for me who grew up in the 80s. Me and hubbie watched season 2 together. Winona Ryder and the kids all impress me, acting-wise and the scares are just interesting enough to be "cosy-scary" (and I am easily scared!).

And I think I have a crush on Hopper - what an amazing man! 

Last edited by Vhanja (November 21, 2017 9:03 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 21, 2017 9:32 pm  #2

Re: Stranger Things

My son recommended it to us.
So my daughter and I have both just watched the very first episode...I need to get on and watch more!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 22, 2017 7:49 am  #3

I just finished the season 1. It feels like a mix of X-Files and Stephen King stuff. And I enjoyed it. So I will certainly continue with season 2.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 22, 2017 8:18 am  #4

My husband is watching it and keep saying that I should watch and I would enjoy it. I should get stuck in.

November 22, 2017 2:59 pm  #5

We just started series 2 and like it very much. Big Stephen King feelings and I think one character was referring to "Cujo". 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 23, 2017 8:45 am  #6

Btw, did anyone else get Reichenbach feelings when Mike was forced to jump from the cliff because his best friend was threatened? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 23, 2017 10:26 am  #7

Oh, I never thought of that. But, yeah, an obvious similarity. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

Board footera