BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 24, 2017 3:44 am  #21

Re: Episode 4???

Vhanja wrote:

Well, there has always been several years between each season, so that is nothing new. 

No more than three years in between seasons.  2010-2012; 2012-2014; 2014-2017.  (Many Happy Returns and The Abominable Bride don't count.)

Last edited by kgreen20 (January 24, 2017 3:45 am)

January 24, 2017 6:35 am  #22

Quite. I know I sound like a broken record, but I honestly don't think we are going to get anything for at least 5 years or more, otherwise why draw attention to it? TFP was an ending for a reason.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 25, 2017 1:17 am  #23

As I said, if they're going to wait for years to come before filming any more episodes, they may as well announce the series's cancellation and have done with it.

January 25, 2017 1:55 am  #24

January 25, 2017 6:45 am  #25

It doesn't me.
An article that tells me nothing, really.
They simply don't know, but do know it won't be for a long time- if ever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 25, 2017 2:11 pm  #26

Well, I can imagine we get a series 5 in about 5-10 years (I expect more towards 10).
I think they now completed their version of young Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson. But I think all of them would like to explore the more matured and wiser Sherlock+John. There are lots of other adaptations already, but they would still do it different and in their own way. But this needs some time for everything to settle down. be it the minds of the audience, Ben's and Martin's busy plans, the writers fresh and new ideas, maybe even the passing of time in reality linked to the story (for Rosie being old enough to go to a boarding school...). It would be another style of BBC Sherlock, but it would fit, because they never wanted to do the same thing over and over again.
I guess we would have to wait nearly ten years, if we get anther series.

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

January 26, 2017 2:18 am  #27

They may as well just cancel the series altogether if they're going to do that.  Among other things, Una Stubbs will probably be dead by then, and no one else can fill the role of Mrs. Hudson as well as she can.

January 26, 2017 6:45 am  #28

Anything is possible.
Obviously one does have to have an eye for the older cast.
But at the end of the day, the show only really needs Sherlock and John.

November 12, 2017 10:42 am  #29

Haha, I know I should better not bring this up again, but the internet is just too amazing. Yesterday I stumbled upon this: Someone noted that series four is the only one that hasn't written "complete series" on its dvd/bluray cover.
:D
So series four still needs to be completed, right? ;)
Oh I love this! Even if it is, most likely, coincidence, I find this coincidence hilarious.

Look here and scroll down to the last third.
https://sherlockshome.net/2017/01/22/is-sherlock-over/amp/

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

November 12, 2017 2:52 pm  #30

I'm going to have to say it seems like the person who wrote this is really reaching. The message from Moriarty included in there seems to me that it's like Moriarty's comment on his reappearance in The Final Problem, not hinting at another episode.
Now, I don't know why anyone would joke about secretly dropping a fourth episode, but I still doubt that it actually exists. I mean, I would be OK with being proved wrong, but it doesn't seem like solid evidence to me.

Clueing for looks.

November 12, 2017 3:15 pm  #31

Don't want to be a wet blanket but if there was episode 4, it would already be out there making profit instead of waiting for years to surprise hardcore fans...

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

November 12, 2017 3:57 pm  #32

There is clearly no episode 4. 
3 episodes per season is the system.
There could be another special.
But at the moment, 4 x 3 episode series is what we have.

Board footera