BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 11, 2012 12:57 am  #1

Views of what will happen when Martin leaves for the hobbit?

I believe that when Martin leaves for the Hobbit(and Benedict leaves for Star Trek)... Sherlock BBC will come to and end. The hint for the last episode of season 3 is 'Bow'. The prediction by loads of fans is that it stands for the final bow(from the sherlock books), when the series ends. I will miss everything about this outstanding show. For me it has become more than just 'TV'. I am thankful for all the time and hard work put into this series. Not just by the actors, yet everyone who gave it their all to make this beautiful work shine<3 I will not stop fighting for this series to end until the very last second. I love it more than anything! xxx ~A

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Look, I'm in shock, I have a blanket."
-- Sherlock

September 11, 2012 1:03 am  #2

Re: Views of what will happen when Martin leaves for the hobbit?

the3y've already  BEEN  filming.   Star trek is done,  and parts  one and 2  of the hobbit  are almost finished--  they're just doing editing and Post  (which  means  editing  after the actors have done filming).   Benedict is in New Orleans now,  filming  12 yrs a slave.  They'll be back filming in jan 2013  for series 3  of Sherlock.  I'm  assuming you've heard the rumours that series 3  will be the last of Sherlock?  welll...they're just rumours at this point.   I'm  hoping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 11, 2012 2:42 am  #3

Yes, most of the filming has been done; they've been doing it between other projects. That's how the filming world works.
There's no REAL indication that the 3rd series will be the last ; in fact I take what the actors & creators say at face value & they have ALL said they want to do more for years to come.
Every now & then something gets printed that stirs up publicity regarding 'an end' ; Moftiss aren't silly enough to squash rumours, rumours are what keep the public's interest raging.

Consider this series like a fine wine; you enjoy some and leave some on the shelf to go to vintage and all the while you take your time making the next exciting batch.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

September 11, 2012 3:18 am  #4

Right -- beware of what you read on the internet, even if it's from a "real" newspaper or magazine.  They increase their readership by getting people excited, often by taking things out of context.

So far, Moftiss have been filming three episodes of Sherlock every year and a half or so.  That takes only four months out of eighteen, leaving the actors plenty of time to work in other things -- in addition to doing more Sherlock.

That's not to say that there will be new episodes forever -- but "indefinitely" looks like a pretty good bet!

Last edited by Carol the Dabbler (September 11, 2012 3:23 am)

September 11, 2012 8:16 am  #5

Since they all are very fond of the show and each other, I'm sure they'll find the time for other seasons. Like it's been already said, It's not a daily or weekly show, so the only fear I have is that the gaps will be bigger.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 12, 2012 8:34 pm  #6

Thanks guys! But the hint for the last episode of season 3 is 'Bow'. Doesn't that ring a bell?? Shelocks last bow?!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Look, I'm in shock, I have a blanket."
-- Sherlock

September 13, 2012 3:01 am  #7

True.  But also bear this in mind:

"We have three new words – which may be misleading, are not titles, are only teases or possibly clues, but might be deliberately designed to get you into a lather. Who knows?" said Moffat.

September 13, 2012 7:16 am  #8

SherlockForeverAlways wrote:

Thanks guys! But the hint for the last episode of season 3 is 'Bow'. Doesn't that ring a bell?? Shelocks last bow?!

Maybe it's the last bow of someone else! 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 13, 2012 8:49 pm  #9

This Daily Express article seems to be the origin of the current hubbub, and this bit is the crux of the matter:

... with both Cumberbatch, 36, and Freeman, 41 today, now enjoying flourishing film careers, there are no plans for further episodes beyond [the third series], with insiders admitting that the forthcoming series is likely to be the actors’ final outing in the famous roles.

Of course there are no plans as yet for further episodes -- they're just now writing Series 3!  Who are these nameless "insiders" and what do they mean by "likely"?  According to  the Wikipedia entry, the Daily Express is "a daily national middle market tabloid newspaper in the United Kingdom," and judging by the various front pages shown there, it's more or less on a par with American supermarket tabloids.  They do sometimes print the truth, and of course this could be one of those times, but I'm not planning to lose any sleep over it.

Last edited by Carol the Dabbler (September 19, 2012 4:32 pm)

September 14, 2012 12:39 am  #10

*nod*

That article is being discussed in another thread here.

It sounds like a mish-mash of previously-said, and might-have-saids and out-of-context stuff just to stir things up.

Last edited by Wholocked (September 14, 2012 12:39 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

September 14, 2012 2:41 am  #11

Thanks for posting the link, Wholocked!  That thread is well worth reading, especially Kazza's comments on (as you mentioned) the "mish-mash" nature of the article.

September 14, 2012 6:54 pm  #12

Carol the Dabbler wrote:

So far, Moftiss have been filming three episodes of Sherlock every year and a half or so.  That takes only four months out of eighteen, leaving the actors plenty of time to work in other things -- in addition to doing more Sherlock.

A year has 18 months? 

September 14, 2012 8:43 pm  #13

No. A year and a half does though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera