BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 8, 2017 6:30 pm  #961

Re: Sherlocked - The Official Sherlock Convention

Sherlocked USA will be back in 2018! I take this as a sign that the show is not over. Doing three cons after the "end" which has never been officially announced would be a bit weird. 

The announcement:

SHERLOCKED USA is returning to Los Angeles in 2018!
We are very pleased to announce that due to having so much fun at our first Sherlocked USA event, we are coming back to LA!
We had previously announced that we thought this would be unlikely but after the guests enjoyed themselves so much and so many of you clearly had a great time and asked us to return, how could we say no? 🙂
More details will be released very soon, (we hope in the next week or so), but we wanted to let all our North American followers know as soon as we knew that we're coming back to see you with lots more Sherlocked fun! 🙂

Last edited by SusiGo (September 8, 2017 6:36 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 29, 2017 1:18 pm  #962

My thoughts exactly, Susi!

Of course it could just be explained as a decision to make a bit more money but I prefer to think that another convention more than a year after series 4 aired indicates that the makers still consider the show an ongoing project.

Regarding the upcoming event in Birmingham, I really hope that I will be able to go. Sadly my father passed away a month ago so my current focus is of course my family, especially my dear mother. Until last week I didn’t even think that I would like to attend a convention under these circumstances but in the last few days my mood has somewhat changed and I am slowly returning to my normal activities. Maybe a weekend away would actually help me to feel better. Plus I have already booked my ticket and hotel package back in January so now I only need to pay for the flights.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

September 29, 2017 4:09 pm  #963

I am very sorry to hear that. If you want my opinion - if you think it would be good for you to go and do something nice for yourself, you should go. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 29, 2017 5:04 pm  #964

I concur, Susi.
Diva, I lost my husband 2 months ago and I felt just like you: we had a London trip booked and initially I thought I just wouldn't go.  But I am now very glad that I am going.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 29, 2017 5:16 pm  #965

My best wishes for both of you. 

September 29, 2017 5:19 pm  #966

Thank you x.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 26, 2017 7:44 am  #967

So I have been waiting for new guest announcements (I am not going but of course I am interested to see who will be there). Two days to go and as of now Benedict, Martin, Mark, and Amanda will not be present. I think this is a first, especially where Mark is concerned. Bit strange if you ask me. 

October 27, 2017 10:24 am  #968

Besley, are you in Birmingham?

October 27, 2017 4:53 pm  #969

Sorry, no...wish I was!
Have never been to any of the events.
Personally I find a weekend trip down to England a bit hashing, especially across country.
Pathetic, I know!
But factually it's actually easier(and much quicker) to get to London from here than it is is to travel to the Midlands...and I wouldn't do London in a weekend!

May 25, 2018 8:41 pm  #970

Sherlocked US 2018 takes place this weekend (May 25-27). Wishing everyone who is going a great time. 

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

May 26, 2018 7:14 am  #971

Yep, enjoy it guys, cos it's the last ever one.

May 26, 2018 8:36 am  #972

I'm sure it will be great, but looking at the programme it seems to me to be a little bit disappointing for the price?  The usual suspects are not attending, but isn't it more expensive than the last London one?   I would love to see the stars who are attending (especially the talk with Louise and Sian!), but I'm just getting the feeling the organisers are squeezing money out of people, without having as much to offer as the previous ones.  No Mark, Steven, Benedict, Amanda, Andrew, Una, etc.  It's great to have Rachel Talalay, but she only directed one episode - there is nobody else from "behind the scenes" scheduled.   I suppose these events cost a lot to put on and maybe they can't drop the price just because they don't have the major guests - but I do feel it might be disappointing for people who bought far in advance and were waiting for announcements.

Anyway, I've never been to one of these events, so maybe the price is pretty standard for a whole weekend.  And maybe having different people at the talks gives a chance to have a different view on the show. 

May 26, 2018 1:12 pm  #973

I assume this is why they are winding the events up, if the stars are no longer available or just not interested...
But yeah, I would have loved to have heard Loo and Sian, too.

May 27, 2018 3:18 pm  #974

Very glad I went last year even if Ben was not able to attend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 27, 2018 3:19 pm  #975

Yep, carpe diem and all that!

May 27, 2018 4:25 pm  #976

Well, it still went better than I thought. I decided to do the first one because I expected it might be the only one ever.

May 27, 2018 4:26 pm  #977

Good move.

Board footera