BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 16, 2017 1:32 pm  #1821

Re: Post Your Absence

Goodbye, Whisky. Hope to see you again one day. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 16, 2017 2:57 pm  #1822

Thank you for saying goodbye! You will be more than welcome for future Sherlock!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 16, 2017 3:19 pm  #1823

Goodbye, Whisky. I always liked chatting with you. I hope you enjoy your time away and that maybe one day you can return to Sherlock as a familiar friend or family. But only if you want to, of course.

Clueing for looks.

May 16, 2017 3:53 pm  #1824

So sad, I've been struggling with my own feelings too.
But all the best Whisky, you know where we are!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 16, 2017 5:18 pm  #1825

God speed and fair weather Whiskey!  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 30, 2017 4:30 pm  #1826

deranged stray wrote:

This isn't absence really but after season 4 I'm feeling a but disheartened and deleting this account. 

If you read that: I am sorry to hear you are leaving! :-(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 30, 2017 4:30 pm  #1827

Why not endure your discouragement together with us? It's the best way to deal with it. Just stay.
There will be better times!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 30, 2017 6:34 pm  #1828

Aw, please don't go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 29, 2017 9:14 pm  #1829

I have been absent from the forum for nearly a full two weeks.
There is a reason for this.
Well there was always a reason in the past, on the two previous occasions I disappeared for much longer.  Those times, it was just me being petty and falling out with the forum.
This time, it's rather different.
I have already contacted the boss, mainly because we have met in real life.
So I am really sorry to have to officially say that tragically on Sunday, 16th July, my husband eventually lost his battle with chronic depression and took his own life.
As I am sure you will all understand, my life has been altered irreversibly and obviously my priorities have somewhat changed.
I am not saying I will never be back here again, but certainly my visits may be more sporadic.
I do want to complete my re-watching of  the whole show and I hope to be able to discuss future, exciting projects.
But I will just have to see how things go.

July 29, 2017 10:36 pm  #1830

I'm so, so sorry to hear that, besley. Take all the time you need, I understand why you will need to be spending time on other things and on yourself. I hope you have support from your family and friends around you. I am sending you mine, as well. Hugs from across the pond.

Clueing for looks.

July 30, 2017 3:17 am  #1831

Dear Besley, my sincere condolences.  I understand too well how life-changing it is when a loved one succumbs to the horrible insidious disease of depression.   Take good care of yourself.  May all the real love around you (including all the amazing love YOU've shared) and happy memories sustain you.

July 30, 2017 3:26 am  #1832

As one of the other 'regulars', I'm not around as much either except with lurking, just due to activity and not having as much to say, but glad I stopped in and saw this, since you were one of the other long-timers who was always nice to read posts from.  Just wanted to say so so sorry to hear that!  Also hoping you have the support of family and friends around, and take care, however much we see you around here again...

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

July 30, 2017 4:45 am  #1833

You have my every sympathy BB.  I will hold a thought for you in my heart while you do whatever you need to do.  Take care of yourself and come back when you can. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 30, 2017 5:43 am  #1834

Dear BB

I am so sorry to hear that. You know that this forum will always be here as your refuge from the world if you need it, no matter how long your absence might be. I'm sending you strength for you and your family.

July 30, 2017 6:58 am  #1835

I am so very sorry to hear that, besley, and send you my heartfelt
condolences. I wish you much strength and support in this difficult time. Please come back anytime you feel the forum might help you. Until then, my thoughts are with you.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 30, 2017 7:12 am  #1836

This is dreadful, besley.
I wish you and your family all the support you can get.
Sending you a virtual hug.
Come back here when you feel like it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 30, 2017 7:32 am  #1837

I'm so sorry, Besleybean. My heart goes out to you and your family.

July 30, 2017 8:21 am  #1838

Thanks, guys. x

July 30, 2017 9:40 am  #1839

Dear besley, what dreadful news, I feel truly lost for words...
My deepest condolences and all strength for you and your family.
Big hugs, dear, if you feel like crying around here, just come back and do so.
My thoughts are with you!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

July 30, 2017 10:10 am  #1840

Thank you, dear.

Board footera