BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 25, 2017 8:28 am  #41

Re: New Dracula show for the BBC

Now you've got me humming "Sweet Transvestite" from Rocky Horror!

I was wondering about Rufus Sewell for Dracula, then found out he has already played a vampire in Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, a film that has passed me by!   Anyway, I think he looks right for an attractive Dracula, either traditional or modern.  

June 25, 2017 2:50 pm  #42

besleybean wrote:

I assume you know he's a vampire from Transylvania?!

Yeah yeah don't worry, I know that. ;)
It turns out that I even watched a musical about Dracula. Not the one called "Tanz der Vampire"/"Dance of the Vampires" (which I've watched as well by the way), but, well, really Dracula, the one based on Bram Stoker's. I liked it a lot although I don't remember much of the story and I've never read the book, obviously.

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

June 25, 2017 3:22 pm  #43

No I've not read the bookeither, but I really want to.
Incidentally, even my school girl German allowed me to translate Tanz der Vampire!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 25, 2017 4:27 pm  #44

I read Dracula years ago and liked it very much. And I love the Rocky Horror show. We had an amazing production in our local theatre some years ago with a fantastic Frank N. Furter. Now I am getting visions of Benedict in belt and garters and high heels … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 25, 2017 4:31 pm  #45

SusiGo wrote:

Now I am getting visions of Benedict in belt and garters and high heels … 

You mean, in addition to that?!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

June 25, 2017 4:36 pm  #46

He would make an excellent Frank! 

June 25, 2017 5:03 pm  #47

Hell YES!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 25, 2017 6:23 pm  #48

I never thought about that possibility, but now I think it would be fun. Part of me thinks it would also be hilarious if he played Rocky Horror himself.

Last edited by Yitzock (June 25, 2017 6:23 pm)

Clueing for looks.

June 28, 2017 7:44 am  #49

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 28, 2017 3:20 pm  #50

Wow, he looks amazing. He can visit me at midnight anytime … oops. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 28, 2017 4:39 pm  #51

Works for me!

June 28, 2017 4:59 pm  #52

I didn't want to suggest him...
Thought he was too obvious.
Will Mark and Steven want to use him again?
Has he the time to do it?
But of course he would be brilliant and Andrew, too!

June 28, 2017 5:06 pm  #53

Yes, I was thinking he was one of the reasons behind the scheduling difficulties for Sherlock.  But we can dream!  I agree about Andrew.  It would also be funny if Mark couldn't resist playing Dracula himself!

June 28, 2017 5:09 pm  #54

Yes, any of them would be brilliant...
It was just Andrew and Benedict in Victorian costume were sumptuous and of course Sherlock does lots of leaping with a flowing coat! 
Apart form Benedict with his Strange guise...all good.

December 18, 2017 1:38 pm  #55

I wonder - is it normal for the script-writers in the UK to always feature in such important roles in their projects?
Just curious - in my homecountry such occurence is very rare....

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 18, 2017 4:09 pm  #56

Thanks for the information!  I thought he was going to say Van Helsing, but Renfield would be fun!

December 18, 2017 7:46 pm  #57

Thank you for the information. 

October 15, 2018 11:08 am  #58

The casting news on the project appeared on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/UKCastingNews/status/1048234001322954752

October 15, 2018 3:26 pm  #59

I'm not a subscriber to that site, so the info is inaccessible. I guess until the info isn't industry-only we'll have to keep waiting.

Clueing for looks.

October 16, 2018 5:58 am  #60

God I hate vampires...
but obviously I will watch it.

Board footera