BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 12, 2012 6:09 pm  #1

Remembering Jeremy Brett

Today on the anniversary of his death 13th September 1995. Rest in Peace. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 12, 2012 6:18 pm  #2

Re: Remembering Jeremy Brett

Love Jeremy. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 12, 2012 8:01 pm  #3

Last edited by TicTacToe (September 12, 2012 8:10 pm)

September 12, 2012 10:09 pm  #4

HAHA, those are awesome GIFS, thank you! I especially love the one where he's smoking next to the sign that says "no smoking". Typical SH.

I'm currently having a Jeremy Brett Party (on my own but meh, it's still a party). It involves drinking alcohol, wearing my dressing gown and watching lots of Jeremy Brett episodes.

Right now I'm on The Speckled Band. 

September 13, 2012 7:22 am  #5

Great Gifs especially the smoking one. Classic! Hope you had a nice party Boss and that the guests all behaved themselves! Lol. What a great idea.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 13, 2012 7:24 am  #6

I've slowly been watching my way through these episodes. They're really very good (given the time they were filmed). Quite enjoyable

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

September 13, 2012 3:24 pm  #7

I've been watching "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes", I haven't seen the *smoking* one yet! It's like the materialization of the books, thanks Jeremy Brett (November 3, 1933 - September 12, 1995) and Edward Hardwicke.
Look what I found:
http://www.brettish.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.” HP and the Deathly Hallows

"Why's it always the hat photograph?"The Reichenbach Fall

September 13, 2012 5:18 pm  #8

On with the motley indeed!

September 15, 2012 10:05 am  #9

Yeah, it was a great party thanks. I managed to get through four episodes before I got too tired and fell asleep (on the sofa in the middle of watching one of them).

September 15, 2012 10:49 am  #10

I hope you were wearing your dressing gown and Persian slippers.

September 17, 2012 5:47 am  #11

He must have found the  tobacco  in his persian slipper.   I  have the entire dvd set of Jeremy Brett's  SH shows.  It was hard watching them at the end,  but oh,  he did a marveolus job.   There's so many of them,  I just cannot choose a favorite.   But HE  did them true to ACD's versions,  even  the writers put the canon words in there.  RIP  Jeremy,  I miss you a lot.   And I hope you like the new BBC  Sherlock.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 22, 2012 3:29 pm  #12

He was the best.  He really seemed to relish the role, almost as if he were born to play Sherlock Holmes.  I read many of the original cannon when young, but I credit Brett with really igniting my passion for the genre.

The game is afoot!

October 13, 2012 11:14 am  #13

Jeremy Brett in Love Boat...wow, this is hilarious!

October 13, 2012 2:32 pm  #14

An article from the Radio Times. Benedict speaking of his admiration for the 'magisterial and tragic' Jeremy Brett.

www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-10-10/sherlocks-benedict-cumberbatch-on-jeremy-brett--he-was-magisterial-and-tragic

November 3, 2012 2:22 pm  #15

Today in 1933 Jeremy Brett was born. Happy birthday dear Jeremy.

November 5, 2012 10:09 pm  #16

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEREMY!!

November 5, 2012 10:10 pm  #17

November 9, 2012 10:55 am  #18

This make me think of someone else...

Last edited by TicTacToe (November 9, 2012 4:02 pm)

November 9, 2012 2:28 pm  #19

I always marvel how handsome he was in rewatching over and over My Fair Lady, my favorite musical

Disguise is always a self portrait

November 9, 2012 8:38 pm  #20

He was just, frankly gorgeous in it wasn't he. 

Board footera