BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 7, 2017 8:08 pm  #21

Re: Series 4 in German - finally!

I wouldn't put any weight on it. Someone just liked it this way. People translating aren't even dedicated fans, they wouldn't make all the mistakes if they were.

June 7, 2017 8:56 pm  #22

You do not have to be a fan of something to do your job well. And in S4 they did their job well, better than in the others series. I found only one bad mistake so far - translating chips with Chips instead of Pommes or Fritten. But as for the rest they did a very good job. I will never get accustomed to the voices but apart from that (and too many "Sie") I do not have much to complain about. 

As for the above sentence - they could have gone for another verb like but they did not. And I like the choice. One of several occasions in which Mary and Sherlock are put on the same level with regard to John.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 9, 2017 11:36 am  #23

Men should be what they seem, 
Or those that be not, would they might seem none!

Board footera