BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 11, 2017 9:50 pm  #61

Re: Holmes/Watson from Other Adaptations

Russian Mrs. Hudson and Mycroft in "The Empty House". Simply the best:

http://spiritcc.tumblr.com/post/157082357613/reasons-why-i-will-never-stop-loving-this-scene

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 30, 2017 8:43 pm  #62

The perfect proof that you must not have a big budget (or any budget at all) to create a humorous and hilarious Sherlock Holmes adaptation. John Cleese as Sherlock and "The Strange Case of the End of Civilisation as we know it":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkH-ztzkuLU

The only version of Sherlock in which Sherlock is shot and you die laughing over it.
Plus, their mockery of useless politicians is priceless.

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 2, 2017 9:19 am  #63

nakahara , this is truly hilarious, many thanks for sharing! 🌹 Monty Pythons guys are always adorable!

Btw, I looove the Russian adaptation, too! Both of the heroes  are there  so incredible lively and real !

There exist also a Russian movie with "femlock", called "My dearly beloved detective"  with Shirley Holmes and Jane Watson as protagonists. Quite funny, but by far not that good as the "true" one. 😜

Last edited by DramaQueen (November 5, 2017 3:12 pm)

Men should be what they seem, 
Or those that be not, would they might seem none!

June 3, 2017 6:04 pm  #64

Oh, DramaQueen, thank you for that link you posted. I love Russian takes on Sherlock Holmes but I was never aware this "femlock" existed. Very nice tip for watching! 

June 4, 2017 8:57 am  #65

nakahara, you're very welcome.🌷

Oh, it’s very pleasing to know, you like the old Russian adaptation, too!

Apropos this "femlock", I like the actress who is playing Miss Holmes, she is quite convincing, even in the comedy. And she was very famous in Soviets.

Last edited by DramaQueen (June 4, 2017 9:03 am)

June 4, 2017 9:34 pm  #66

It was a lovely movie. Thank you again for this beautiful tip! 

June 5, 2017 11:35 am  #67

You're welcome.🌷

November 5, 2017 3:18 pm  #68

Just finished watching the quite new Russian series "Sherlock Holmes" (2013).
Has anyone also seen this one? Some feedbacks to share?
I think, there are a couple of really fresh ideas as also some witty passages.

Last edited by DramaQueen (November 5, 2017 3:19 pm)

November 5, 2017 4:13 pm  #69

I'm not familiar with it myself. Do share the things you liked about it.

Clueing for looks.

November 8, 2017 8:00 am  #70

Sherlock Gnomes, nice to meet you! The voice of Johnny Depp!  😍

November 8, 2017 6:19 pm  #71

Cool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 8, 2017 10:53 pm  #72

This is the "new" Russian Holmes. Yay or nay?

November 10, 2017 10:39 am  #73

@Yitzock

I really like the idea of young fidgety nerd Holmes and older, experienced Dr. Watson. Mrs. Hudson is also quite young, forty something and.....(spoiler alarm) Watson fell in love with her!
Also an very nice point is that  Mycroft and Sherlock are twins! It's very useful when Sherlock needs some help of his bro! 😉
I loved some "Easter eggs"  with hints to other (previous ) movies. And the idea that in his novels Watson made Holmes to look like a superhero we all  know. Holmes himself told Watson, how he should describe him in his writings. Very witty done.
I liked to see (especially) Holmes and Watson in kilts on "The Adventure of the Musgrave Ritual".
And good humour in general.
The final fight with Moriarty in the snow at icebound Reichenbach was very impressive. Never thought of this - it could be winter indeed!

I disliked only the violence of Dr. Watson,  who boxes Holmes (sometimes unconscious) in almost each episode. It should be his kind of "upbringing"  of his strange fellow. Ok, the Doctor tended Holmes afterward, but ....you understand me, I hope.😩

Also I did not really like the love story Adler-Holmes (though, Irene is a very handsome girl). They are like teenager, teasing each other all the time. Then kissing, then planing to escape together. The end of their relationship is very tragic.

So, here is a review in English on the first episode. Enjoy.

http://bakerstreetbabes.com/reviews/review-new-russian-holmes-01x01-02-baker-street-221b/#comments

Last edited by DramaQueen (November 10, 2017 1:27 pm)

November 10, 2017 5:27 pm  #74

Sounds like an interesting interpretation of the characters. I would consider checking it out if it was available in a language I can understand.

Clueing for looks.

November 10, 2017 10:34 pm  #75

@Yitzock

Here are all episodes with English subtitles! Enjoy!

New Russian Sherlock Holmes series (HD): http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTdpJpQ5RUKYxYXEw_zMGUu4PVWyFQ6Ym

November 13, 2017 10:52 am  #76

I think, I'm already quite in love with the new Russian interpretation!

I really like this young emotional nerd Holmes (actor Igor Petrenko was 34 at age) and the good old "sentimental martinet" Watson (Andrey Panin was 15 years senior).

Here a short funny video about Dr. Watson. 😉

And another, about Holmes, quite emotional.💔

Last edited by DramaQueen (November 13, 2017 11:06 am)

November 16, 2017 2:31 pm  #77

I intend to watch this series for a long time now.
Must watch at least some of it soon, your videos just reminded me it´s definitely worth it....

November 24, 2017 7:51 am  #78

@nakahara,

Please, do it! I'd like to read your thoughts about this adaptation!
Some of my friends are recently watching it and the feedback is  quite pleased.

November 24, 2017 9:14 am  #79

I am definitely planning to watch it during Christmas!

December 7, 2017 9:37 am  #80

Here is very interesting note by Howard Ostrom. He totally loved the "new" Russian adaptation.

http://www.nplh.co.uk/uploads/7/3/3/6/7336521/is_it..

Board footera