BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 12, 2012 5:57 pm  #661

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

tobeornot221b wrote:

And here's a study in nearly monochrome with - of course - grey eyes:

Mmmm. Spooky!Sherlock

September 13, 2012 12:32 am  #662

ancientsgate wrote:

Mmmm. Baby!Batch, at least sort of. More Baby! than recent, methinks.

We've had a lot of discussion about his natural hair color on this thread or some other one I frequent (I lose track). The Brits on the forum insist that his natural hair color is "ginger", which means orangey red to me. He has said his natural hair color is "auburn"-- this photo is what I think of when I hear the word auburn. It's not red, but the brown has definite red in it. No idea of course if this is him or the bottle, lol.

I looked it up - I think the photo shoot is from 2009?  Alex McNaughton is the photographer.

I'm gonna go with "reddish-brown" for his hair color, because I'm a Bama fan and naturally deterred by anything called "auburn," haha.

Speaking of "Baby-Batch..." have y'all seen Fortysomething?  I know wholocked commented on the Fortysomething thread here but if y'all haven't seen that show you should check it out - I think Benedict was about 27 in that show and he looks so young (and I do love younger guys...)!  It's on Netflix and there are only 6 episodes but it's really funny and stars Hugh Laurie with Benedict as his son.

September 13, 2012 1:24 am  #663

ancientsgate wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

And here's a study in nearly monochrome with - of course - grey eyes:

Mmmm. Spooky!Sherlock

What did John call this look in "Hounds"?--- that thing you do with those cheekbones and your coat collar all turned up. lololol

September 13, 2012 2:34 am  #664

=Speaking of "Baby-Batch..." have y'all seen Fortysomething?  I know wholocked commented on the Fortysomething thread here but if y'all haven't seen that show you should check it out - I think Benedict was about 27 in that show and he looks so young (and I do love younger guys...)!  It's on Netflix and there are only 6 episodes but it's really funny and stars Hugh Laurie with Benedict as his son.

OK, folks, there you have it: an authentic "y'all" from a real southerner.

(Sherlockedt, we were discussing this usage on another thread. Thanks for the example.)

September 13, 2012 6:26 am  #665

I love how they keep mentioning his cheekbones in the show. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 13, 2012 7:43 am  #666

'Trying to look all cool!' lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 13, 2012 10:53 am  #667

No comment needed.

Last edited by SusiGo (September 13, 2012 10:53 am)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 13, 2012 11:04 am  #668

Ah, strong coffee with a spot of milk and plenty of sugar just in time for dessert. Thank you! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 13, 2012 11:06 am  #669

My pleasure. Read some fanfic during work and now I'm Sherlocked (again).

September 13, 2012 11:47 am  #670

SusiGo wrote:

I love how they keep mentioning his cheekbones in the show. 

In Belgravia, Irene Adler said, "Look at those cheekbones. I could cut myself slapping that face. Would you like me to try?"  Mmmm, who among us wouldn't want that opportunity? I'd rather kiss them, but if trying to slap them got me up close and personal, I could work with that. *dream on*

BC must be good-natured about the cheekbone teasing. He's gotta be in on the joke.

September 13, 2012 12:14 pm  #671

I suppose so. As is Mark about the Queen joke. It's mentioned in the DVD commentary.

September 13, 2012 7:35 pm  #672

Striking. Even when reduced to only one eye:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 13, 2012 8:57 pm  #673

SusiGo wrote:

No comment needed.

Love it!!

September 13, 2012 9:00 pm  #674

veecee wrote:

Speaking of "Baby-Batch..." have y'all seen Fortysomething?  I know wholocked commented on the Fortysomething thread here but if y'all haven't seen that show you should check it out - I think Benedict was about 27 in that show and he looks so young (and I do love younger guys...)!  It's on Netflix and there are only 6 episodes but it's really funny and stars Hugh Laurie with Benedict as his son.

OK, folks, there you have it: an authentic "y'all" from a real southerner.

(Sherlockedkt, we were discussing this usage on another thread. Thanks for the example.)

I've been told that when I speak I don't sound very southern, but I do use y'all on a daily basis.  I even use it when I teach.  (I'm a French teacher and in French there's a difference between plural 'you' and singular 'you,' so I tell the kids the plural one means "y'all" and they understand that a lot better than "plural you.")  Out of curiosity... what other thread was this discussed on?  I'd like to read some of the y'all discussion!

September 13, 2012 9:11 pm  #675

It was discussed in the Other section in the languages thread.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 14, 2012 3:06 pm  #676

September 14, 2012 5:15 pm  #677

*sigh*  but... is it just the size of the pic, or...? He looks so small without a good coat and a short friend. 

Although....:

Last edited by Mattlocked (September 14, 2012 5:16 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 14, 2012 5:26 pm  #678

There was a bigger one but it was very big. Although Benedict pics can't be big enough, can they? 

Macmaster is a short friend indeed but nothing compared to John.

September 14, 2012 6:37 pm  #679

SusiGo wrote:

Macmaster is a short friend indeed but nothing compared to John.

Nope!  Can't picture them in any kind of a Johnlock position whatsoever! 

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

September 14, 2012 6:54 pm  #680

Uh-oh... Johnlock?  Are there some shippers around here?!

Board footera