BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 11, 2012 8:43 pm  #21

Re: Mycroft Holmes and his drama

The thing that comes across very strongly, particularly in the scene with the CCTV cameras and the scene in the warehouse is Mycroft's sense of menace. John is able to stand up to him but the menace is still there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 11, 2012 9:03 pm  #22

Davina wrote:

The thing that comes across very strongly, particularly in the scene with the CCTV cameras and the scene in the warehouse is Mycroft's sense of menace. John is able to stand up to him but the menace is still there.

Which makes you question how insufferable Sherlock would be if he were given Mycroft's powers. Sherlock chooses to operate alone & is already difficult enough as a one man band. Give him the secret service &... Though I doubt anybody would work for Sherlock for very long - he would have a very high turnover of staff. Probably why it suits Mycroft more

Last edited by saturnR (September 11, 2012 9:04 pm)

September 12, 2012 8:30 am  #23

Yeah, that scene in the warehouse is definitely designed so that we think Mycroft us a bad guy, just like John does.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 13, 2012 12:58 am  #24

I definitely thought Mycroft was Moriarty, I wasn't familiar enough with Sherlock to know he had a brother but I had heard of Moriarty.  I loved the scene with him and John - it really showed John's character and it was great to get to know him in that episode.

September 13, 2012 6:24 am  #25

sherlockedkt wrote:

I definitely thought Mycroft was Moriarty, I wasn't familiar enough with Sherlock to know he had a brother but I had heard of Moriarty.  I loved the scene with him and John - it really showed John's character and it was great to get to know him in that episode.

Same with me although I knew he had a brother but I still remembered Stephen Fry . Brilliant scene to introduce him and show us John's character.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera