BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 27, 2017 7:59 pm  #2361

Re: Free Rants

Hope you get that payment!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 28, 2017 6:45 am  #2362

Thanks
And phew! I just received them, a little part is missing but I called and got confirmation that it is coming too, and at latest should be here on Monday on Tuesday; which is okay since I'll still be able to make rent etc. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 28, 2017 8:44 am  #2363

Yitzock, Phantom -
glad everything worked out for you both!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

April 29, 2017 8:14 pm  #2364

Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 16, 2017 3:47 pm  #2365

Yesterday was the first day in a while that I've seen my mum brought to tears from talking to her mum (my grandmother) on the phone. But it's far from the first time it has happened, probably not even the first time in the past year. Sometimes I wish we could just cut her our of our lives or that she could just disappear. She's so toxic and mean. It's not fair to my mum. But she's dependent on us for practically everything because she can't drive anymore and is really bad at being friendly or neighbourly so her relatinship with her neighbours is OK but not excellent and we just never know when someone will stop wanting to be around her because she can be so rude and is very judgmental and unforgiving. Not to mention my mum is in charge of everything financial and otherwise because she's the power of attorney and my grandmother doesn't understand anything to do with paying bills, etc. We're stuck. It seems sad that it's a chore to visit her, but there's nothing else we can do.

Last edited by Yitzock (May 16, 2017 3:50 pm)

Clueing for looks.

May 16, 2017 3:49 pm  #2366

Virtual hugs, dear.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 16, 2017 3:55 pm  #2367

Thank you, besley.

Clueing for looks.

May 16, 2017 4:35 pm  #2368

That's not a fun situation to be in, at all. *sends you hugs as well*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 18, 2017 6:40 pm  #2369

Thank you for your hugs. I haven't let that family stuff really get to me for a while, but when it upsets my mum that much...it reminds me of how much our situation is really not great. But most of the time we manage to handle it somehow.

Clueing for looks.

May 29, 2017 4:28 pm  #2370

This is not the most severe rant... but it's annoying all the same! 

Sound is very important to me, especially quality of sound since I'm nearly deaf on one ear and have lowered hearing on one ear there's tones I simply can't hear and it means if the sound is bad there's parts of music and speech I simply can't hear... 

After windows 10 (waves a fist already) did an update yesterday I realized the sound quality on my laptop had decreased severely and it was very difficult to listen to music for me... I first thought it was my headphones and even feared my hearing had taken a turn for the worse before I tried on a few headphones... 

I think I managed to find the fault and have changed it now... just took me a while of digging in settings... and as I said, that dread that my hearing was getting worse! *shivers* that's such a fear of mine... going deaf again 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 29, 2017 4:34 pm  #2371

Mines a bit petty, I know.
Picture the scene: whole staff gathered in the staff room, awaiting to be told their roles after the Summer, for the new school year.
The head teacher reads out the list for every teacher in the school.
Then he hands over to the deputy head, who reads out the list for all of the support staff in the school...except for ME.
What made it worse, was that only one person actually noticed.
Now as it happens, I already know what I'm doing, because the same deputy had told us support staff first on Friday.
But not the point...

May 29, 2017 4:41 pm  #2372

That is no nice feeling! *offers a hug!* 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 29, 2017 4:43 pm  #2373

My husband made the helpful comment:  she probably knew that whatever she said...you would just do what you wanted anyway!
Possibly true! 

June 20, 2017 10:55 pm  #2374

Can´t believe the gall of this woman, is she for real?

https://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article165727071/Gruenen-Politikerin-will-syrisches-Dorf-in-Lettland-ansiedeln.html

So instead of making an effort to end the war in Syria, she will take entire Syrian villages and settle them in East Europe...

Did she ask Syrians or East Europeans if they agree with the plan? No, why should she? The Uebermensch doesn´t need consent of subjugated nations concerning their own fate, it seems.

National souverenity? Such words are not found in Obersturmbannsfuererin Keller´s dictionary...

If German politicians are expected to decide the fate of entire nations like that, are Syrians and East Europeans allowed to vote in German elections? It would be fair that way...

But no. These poor sods are not the Herrenrasse.... how could I forget that.

• Die Option müsse trotz des Widerstands osteuropäischer Staaten besprochen werden, notfalls müsse man Staaten zwingen.

Too disgusting to comment. Excuse me while I barf. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 25, 2017 2:49 pm  #2375

Excuse me, have you read this article correctly? I cannot believe so because of your rhetoric.

In 2015 the EU decided to welcome refugees within their borders. Now some East European nations refuse to do so despite having agreed to this contract. So, yes, under EU law they can and should be forced to adhere to the signed articles.

"Die EU-Kommission hat gegen Tschechien, Ungarn und Polen ein Verfahren wegen Verletzung des EU-Vertrags eingeleitet."
The EU Commission has started proceedings against Chechnia, Hungary and Poland due to violations of the EU contract.

Keller *suggested* to relocate greater groups of refugees - perhaps even whole villages - so they don't have to be alone and afraid in a foreign country as experience shows that refugees like to go where there are already countrymen of them.

"Wir brauchen ein gemeinsames Asylsystem, das für gleiche, gute Standards überall sorgt und eine solidarische Verteilung umsetzt“, fordert Keller.
"We need a system for granting asylum that works with the same good standards everywhere (within the EU) and is based on solidarity," Keller stipulates.

Schönen Gruß, ein Herrenmensch

Last edited by kete (June 25, 2017 3:33 pm)

Alles eine Frage des Blickwinkels.
It's all a matter of perspective.

June 25, 2017 3:24 pm  #2376

@kete, thank you for that...I wondered if I had missed something!

June 26, 2017 9:34 pm  #2377

kete wrote:

Excuse me, have you read this article correctly? I cannot believe so because of your rhetoric.

In 2015 the EU decided to welcome refugees within their borders. Now some East European nations refuse to do so despite having agreed to this contract. So, yes, under EU law they can and should be forced to adhere to the signed articles.

Who is that "EU" that decided on that? Don´t try to pass some - mostly unelected byrocrats - as "nations". "Nations" never agreed to that because they don´t have enough money and flats for their own people, they can hardly be expected to care for thousands and thousands of immigrants just because somebody from Brussells feels like it. Especially if these immigrants aren´t actually refugees from war-torn countries (Syria, Iraq) but come from various other countries in Asia and Africa. 

What Eastern European nations agreed on, really, are things like Dublin Treaty and Shengen Treaty. These "signed articles" were absolutely disregarded by some other EU nations in turn, but hey, no problem, "some animals are more equal than the other". Or were these treaties suspended and are no longer valid and we are just not informed about that? 

kete wrote:

Keller *suggested* to relocate greater groups of refugees - perhaps even whole villages - so they don't have to be alone and afraid in a foreign country as experience shows that refugees like to go where there are already countrymen of them.

"We need a system for granting asylum that works with the same good standards everywhere (within the EU) and is based on solidarity," Keller stipulates.

Schönen Gruß, ein Herrenmensch

Keller is mentally a Nazi. As a German politician, she is free to suggest that entire villages, or even towns are resettled - in Germany. She has no business to order other souvereign states around and deprive them of their people or land without discussing the things with them at first. But that´s exactly what she did - she did not ask the opinion of East Europeans or Syrians on the problem before she made her suggestion. Obviously, for her, our opinions are entirelly worthless and she, as the "enlightened Westerner" knows better what we really need.

Besides, what she would actually create that way are ghettos, nothing more, nothing less. Which is an awful idea in itself. If somebody settles in the EU, they need to be integrated as the part of the EU, not isolated as a part of Syria that only accidentally found its way to Europe. 

Standard that works the same within EU would mean that immigrants and asylum seekers would be entitled to the same sums of finantial help and housing, whatever land they would find themselves in - and that standard would probably follow German standard as the standard of the economically strongest country.

Four most East Europeans that would mean that an asylum seeker would be entitled to the financial help higher than an average East European wage or pension. Based on their asylum seeker status, these people would be immediatelly granted rights the actual EU citizens can´t claim even after years spent inside the EU. Because even after years inside EU, the average East European earns maybe a quarter of German wage - while suffering the high prices of the wares caused by the  introduction of Euro. Where is your solidarity with these people?

In 2004, when the East European countries became the members of EU after fullfilling various strict conditions, Germany and other western countries immediately imposed the ban that prohibited East Europeans to freely seek work in the West. In name, we were the members with all the duties belonging to the members, but the freedoms of the EU were denied to us. The ban was only lifted in 2011 in Germany. You demand solidarity with refugees now - where was your solidarity with your fellow EU citizens then? Why were you not bothered by this blatant discrimination?

And by the way, Chechnia is not a member of the EU.....  

Last edited by nakahara (June 26, 2017 9:35 pm)

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 27, 2017 7:39 pm  #2378

The EU you seem to question is the Europäische Union (European Union) of which Poland, Hungary and Tschechien (Czech Republic/Chechnia? no idea what the Engish spelling might be) are members. So when they sign a contract they can well be expected to fullfill it. And yes, I know everyone only likes the advantages that come with being an EU member (which no one is actually forced to become as far as I know) and likes to ditch the responsibilities that come with it.

Keller suggested measures that she thinks could and should be implemented in the EU - which everyone is free to do. She did not order anything and especially did not send orders to the nations in question as she has no authority to do so. What she has absolute authority to do is state her opinion, just like everyone else in the EU. If you think that makes her a Nazi than that says more about you than about her

I leave you to your opinions.

June 28, 2017 9:21 am  #2379

kete wrote:

The EU you seem to question is the Europäische Union (European Union) of which Poland, Hungary and Tschechien (Czech Republic/Chechnia? no idea what the Engish spelling might be) are members. So when they sign a contract they can well be expected to fullfill it. And yes, I know everyone only likes the advantages that come with being an EU member (which no one is actually forced to become as far as I know) and likes to ditch the responsibilities that come with it.

Poland, Hungary and Czech republic/Czechia (Chechnia is a country in Caucassus) never agreed upon taking unknown number of illegals into their country in direct breach with Dublin treaty (funny, how you dismissed that Dublin Treaty exists, in your post...). These countries were outnumbered by "big" EU countries during vote about refugee quotas and so the EU decided to adopt (fairly absurd) quotas plans, despite very well known opposition to these from V4 countries.

I may add that during the vote about quotas countries like Great Britain and Denmark - who themselves were except from the quotas plan - still regained the right to vota about imposing this "duty" on others. Some democracy, that - to impose a duty you are exempt from on others.

The whole thing was a farce and Slovakia and Hungary immediately appealed this "quotas plan" at the court in Luxembourg. 

Don´t try to pass all of this as "assent" of the aforementioned countries to the quotas, it was anything but.

You cannot speak about responsibilities of an EU countries while breaking the signed Shengen and Dublin Treaties at the same time. Only the party who adheres to the terms of the documents agreed upon all EU members has the right to demand that others fullfill their responsibilities - and you are not that.

kete wrote:

Keller suggested measures that she thinks could and should be implemented in the EU - which everyone is free to do. She did not order anything and especially did not send orders to the nations in question as she has no authority to do so. What she has absolute authority to do is state her opinion, just like everyone else in the EU. If you think that makes her a Nazi than that says more about you than about her

I leave you to your opinions.

Keller was meddling into the affairs of souvereign countries without discussing her suggestion with them first. No, she is not free to do that. And yes, in my eyes that makes her a mental successor of people who orchestrated the Munich Dictate in my eyes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_Agreement

And above all, no politician from rich country has the righ to impose "solidarity" on others, if the others have no financial, personal or accomodational resources to fullfill that duty. Last time "solidarity" was demanded from us - in the case of the financial help for Greece - we had to borrow the money we then sent to the Greeks. We are told continually that we have no money for various public functions but at the same time, we are supposed to make new debts to show "solidarity" to our far richer "EU cousins".... like the poor servant who has to pay the check for his aristocratic masters.

June 29, 2017 8:28 am  #2380

Well, that is how democracy works. You adhere to the majority decision even if you disagree with it. If you bail out as soon as you dislike what's been voted for, you can as well leave the group. The door is always open, I believe. And I for one can only say goodbye and good riddance to anyone who's only cashing in but refuses to pull their weight.

Board footera