BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 19, 2017 6:52 am  #101

Re: Andrew Scott as Hamlet @Almeida Theatre in Spring 2017

It's the MagicCon in Germany. Mentioned it in another thread already, Can't remember which one.
Actually we have no idea why Andrew and Lou have been invited. It's a convention for fantasy and stuff like that. And Sherlock isn't really fantasy, is it? But Sherlock is what the organisers of the convention promote Andrew and Lou with.
Well, I don't complain. My chance to see them both live. And I'm going to invest some money in a photo with Andrew together with Solar. Hopefully it will be a funny one.
I like some fantasy every now and then but I wouldn't spend money on seeing some dwarfs of the Hobbit live on stage.

Last edited by gently69 (April 19, 2017 6:57 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 19, 2017 6:55 am  #102

Lucky you getting close to Andrew!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 19, 2017 7:08 am  #103

Unfortunately no chance for a chat. That photo shoot will be an assembly line work. But maybe we can have a few words during his autograph session.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

April 19, 2017 4:14 pm  #104

But you will be in his presence!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 20, 2017 6:42 am  #105

Yeah, that sounds good anyway.

(Tony Hadley)

April 20, 2017 6:47 am  #106

I guess that's what you should say to him at the photoshoot: "Hi Andrew, it's great to be in your presence, even if it's just for ten seconds."  

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 20, 2017 8:43 am  #107

Certainly not. How embarrasing.

(Tony Hadley)

April 20, 2017 3:42 pm  #108

Chortle.

April 21, 2017 8:45 pm  #109

Haha, well however long you get to be in his presence I hope you have fun at the con.

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

April 24, 2017 9:29 am  #110

We had fun. Andrew and Lou were very entertaining at their panels, we had a few words with Andrew during his autograph session, very kind guy, he smiled all the time and was interested in everyone. And finally we got a nice photo with him and Lou.

(Tony Hadley)

April 24, 2017 3:37 pm  #111

Good stuff.

April 28, 2017 9:55 am  #112

A little update to our con experience:
Andrew was a winner at that convention. When he was first announced, reactions were: "What is he doing at a fantasy convention? Sherlock doesn't belong to that!"

But now I read at the Con-Forum that many people were surprised and absolutely pleased about the way he did his panels, funny, empathic and with interesting anecdotes. Also his behaviour at the autograph sessions got a lot of kudos.

At the moment he is No. 2 on a list of the faves at that convention, well ahead Ian Somerhalder who was invited as THE top act. 

Well, and now enough of that... it's a topic for his stage acting.

Last edited by gently69 (April 28, 2017 6:34 pm)

(Tony Hadley)

May 8, 2017 5:27 am  #113

Thank you for reporting from your meeting with Andrew and Lou at the convention. I was briefly thinking about going too but fantasy is not really my cup of tea and I had already planned a trip to Berlin for that weekend. Very pleased to hear Andrew was so well received at the con.

I missed out on Hamlet at the Almeida but managed to get tickets for the West End run in July and the closing night in September.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

May 8, 2017 5:30 am  #114

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

June 16, 2017 5:32 pm  #115

Q&A with Andrew

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

June 16, 2017 5:41 pm  #116

My pal was at this Q&A.  
She sent me this in an email.
I started watching it and it looks brilliant.
But I'll need to wait til I have more time, to watch it right through.

July 17, 2017 7:14 pm  #117

I drew a picture of Andrew as Hamlet and he signed it when I went to see it again (one of my other friends wanted to go and couldn't say no now could I? haha). 

July 17, 2017 8:43 pm  #118

Beautiful, Lis 

I wish I could draw.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

July 18, 2017 5:46 pm  #119

Thanks Ivy!

I'm sure you could

August 15, 2017 2:43 pm  #120

Nice drawing, Lis! I presume he liked it?

I just saw on Twitter that his performance as Hamlet will be broadcast on BBC2 next year!

Clueing for looks.

Board footera