BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 9, 2017 8:32 pm  #1

Steven Moffat at the BFI, April 2017.

Just got in from attending this event.
Steven was initially interviewed by Frank Skinner.
Then at the end, he was inducted into The Radio Times Hall of Fame.
Who knew Frank was such a Whovian and apparently a Sherlock fan, too?
It was a very good interview. I feel slightly more Whovian than Sherlockian, but some interesting stuff was said.
For our point of view, as I predicted, just the same: everybody loves making Sherlock, but because it had been virtually impossible to get together for S4, that's why they kind of left it as a possible ending.
But Steven honestly doesn't know, yet if there is ever anymore, it won't be for a very long time.
I found the induction really rather moving: Sue was trying not to cry and so was I!
Steven is one of only three inductees and so far the only behind the scenes person.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 10, 2017 6:02 am  #2

Re: Steven Moffat at the BFI, April 2017.

Thanks for the report!

I remember Frank Skinner being interviewed when he was in Doctor Who, and him saying something about how difficult it was for him to say "no" as scripted, when the Doctor asked him to be a companion!  (In the Mummy on the Orient Express episode).

Whatever people think of Steven Moffat, it feels like we're coming to the end of an era, with him leaving Doctor Who, and possibly/probably the end of Sherlock. 

April 10, 2017 7:33 am  #3

I am rubbish at giving these reports!
I did remember something else Steven spoke about: he took on board the 'far-fetched' accusation about S4, but humorously pointed out that could equally apply to the whole of Sherlock. He feels that's the whole point of Sherlock Holmes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 10, 2017 8:17 am  #4

Sounds like a great interview. Lucky you!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 10, 2017 8:20 am  #5

It was a Whovian fest, but I have also remembered Steven spoke most affectionately about Martin's audition with Benedict: he turned to Mark and said " that's it right there, we've got our show".

Board footera