BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 9, 2017 12:46 pm  #61

Re: Andrew Scott as Hamlet @Almeida Theatre in Spring 2017

Why can't people think?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 9, 2017 3:14 pm  #62

Exactly, Solar.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 9, 2017 5:40 pm  #63

Grr, can't remember if I told you all the first part of my saga, but it concluded today!
As soon as I got my Andrew tickets I told my London pal, who informed she had also got tickets for the play PLUS for Andrew's talk...which is happening while I'm in London and so I could have gone, if I'd only known about it in time.
Anyhow she emailed me today to say they'd released more tickets.
I discussed it with my daughter and we decided we couldn't really give up anymore visit time to Sherlock stuff: I have  Andrew, Mark, Steven, already...
So I thanked my pal but declined.
She replied immediately to say the tickets had gone on sale at lunchtime and had sold out in a couple of hours, anyway(which I kind of guessed they would)...I didn't see her message until about 4.15!
So the decision was made for me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 12, 2017 5:36 pm  #64

But you do have tickets to the play, right? So at least you'll get to see him perform.

Clueing for looks.

March 12, 2017 5:38 pm  #65

Yes and although I enjoyed his interview in today's Sunday Times(not to mention the yummy pictures!)...it dawned on me afterwards, I'm not actually so bothered about Hamlet that I am desperate to hear him talking about it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 13, 2017 6:47 pm  #66

Seeing Hamlet tonight, so excited! It'll be starting soon! Also Steven Moffat is here

Last edited by Lis (March 13, 2017 9:54 pm)

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

March 13, 2017 6:48 pm  #67

You lucky thing!

March 14, 2017 3:28 pm  #68

The play was amazing! Brilliant cast, fantastic staging and just a real pleasure to watch. Andrew Scott is a mesmerising Hamlet and he was really sweet when we met him afterwards. I want to see it again, tempted to try for some day or return tickets!

March 14, 2017 4:55 pm  #69

Aw, glad it all worked out so well.

March 14, 2017 5:58 pm  #70

Thanks, hope you have a great time when you go!

March 14, 2017 6:00 pm  #71

I was in 2 minds about stage dooring...I mean after 4 hours of Hamlet?!
Also, I have a dinner date on the evening!
Sorry, I should have clarified that I'm attending a Wednesday matinee!
Though there may not be a stage door, for that reason!

Last edited by besleybean (March 14, 2017 6:01 pm)

March 14, 2017 6:33 pm  #72

Yesterday Andrew came out like 15-20 minutes or so after we came out and there was maybe ten people waiting in the little roped off queue section they set up out by the front entrance so we weren't waiting long. I'm not sure if he comes out for the matinee shows or not though.

March 14, 2017 6:40 pm  #73

He's such a  darling with his fans and I apologise, I had a childish snigger at you referring to Andrew ' coming out'! 

March 14, 2017 6:47 pm  #74

Haha!! I didn't realise when I was typing that. 

But yes, he was lovely with everyone and was happy to say hello and pose for photos. After I had a pic with him he offered to do a selfie with me and my sister as well.

My sister drew a picture of him and he said she was incredibly talented and asked what her name was so he could personalise it when he signed it.

March 14, 2017 6:49 pm  #75

What a lovely man...

March 15, 2017 12:23 am  #76

Wow! That sounds like such a nice experience!

Clueing for looks.

March 28, 2017 11:53 am  #77

Some more tickets have been released for the Playing Hamlet talk on Thursday 6th April and the play has also been confirmed for a West End run at the Harold Pinter theatre this summer! Tickets go on sale Thurs 6th April

March 28, 2017 4:31 pm  #78

I have only just seen this about the talk tickets.  I don't know if even to bother, as last time they sold out in a couple of hours!

March 29, 2017 6:46 pm  #79

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 29, 2017 6:47 pm  #80

Oh fantastic.

Board footera