BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 11, 2012 12:07 pm  #1

The Scapegoat Reviews-masses of spoilers in the links

Isn't it strange how different reviewers can view a drama in such different ways. One says it was playes rigidly serious, another says it was like a farce and was played as one and another as a morality tale. Anyhow, here are some reviews all of the same drama.

This is the: it is played dead straight one ( did they actually see the toilet scene or the wandering into the wrong bedroom scene one wonders).
www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/9529449/The-Scapegoat-ITV1-review.html

This is the morality tale one:
www.theartsdesk.com/tv/scapegoat-itv1

This is a good one about how much one can tell about a person from their face:
www.entertainmentwise.com/news/87439/REVIEW-The-Scapegoat-Whats-In-A-Face

This is the one about it being very much a farce and played as such. There is also a frankly HILARIOUS quip about Nicholas Cage (sorry any Nick Cage fans- well not very sorry actually).
http://channelhopping.onthebox.com/2012/09/09/the-scapegoat-review-trading-places/

Last edited by Davina (September 11, 2012 12:10 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 11, 2012 12:30 pm  #2

Re: The Scapegoat Reviews-masses of spoilers in the links

I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but I'm enjoying it so far. Really interested to see what happens. Have to say, I prefer Andrew with an Irish accent. The English one doesn't suit him as well as it does, say, David Tennant (though I love his Scottish accent.)

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 11, 2012 6:25 pm  #3

Also, having watched it. How does one reviewer claim that bad Johnny was trying to frame his doppelgänger for murder? I thought the whole point was that there would be no body (as happened anyway) because it went into the glass making furnace. That's why the denouement was set there. Bad Johnny would have just assumed his real identity back again. My only thought at that juncture is I would have liked the director to have held us in suspense for a while as to who had actually survived the struggle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 11, 2012 8:05 pm  #4

Davina wrote:

My only thought at that juncture is I would have liked the director to have held us in suspense for a while as to who had actually survived the struggle.

Agreed! That may be what I felt missing (see other Scapegoat thread). I think there was that point at which I knew how it would end, and I lost interest as a result.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

Board footera