BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 12, 2016 8:36 pm  #41

Re: Favourite Sherlock Soundtrack

I just pre-ordered the S4 soundtrack with bonus TAB CD. Less expensive than I expected at 11,99 € plus 4 € shipping to Germany. It's Christmas!

Here is the link for the pre-order:
https://sherlock.tmstor.es/cart/product.php?id=30942

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

January 12, 2017 8:12 pm  #42

It's been awhile, so though I'd just check in and ask if there has been any new developments on people being able to buy/get TAB soundrack?

The eyes are the mirror of the soul

#sherlollyforever

February 26, 2017 4:49 pm  #43

I put all the soundtracks on my phone and they definitely make walking down the road sound more epic! All of the music is beautiful, I'm not sure I can pick a favourite track.

The TAB soundtrack can be bought here.

https://sherlock.tmstor.es/cart/product.php?id=30965

Last edited by Lis (February 26, 2017 4:50 pm)

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

February 27, 2017 12:34 am  #44

Is the TAB soundtrack available on Amazon, by any chance?

March 18, 2017 11:04 pm  #45

I have the Season 4 soundtrack now, but it doesn't contain the TAB soundtrack.  It does consist of 2 disks, which contain the music from all three Season 4 episodes.  Is there anywhere where we can get the the TAB soundtrack?

Last edited by kgreen20 (March 18, 2017 11:05 pm)

June 16, 2017 10:45 am  #46

The music from serason 3 is my favorite. I'm currently listening to it "en boucle" non stop. (I know, I'm crazy but it helps me concentrate!)
And "How it was done " and "Sinnerman" are on my cellphone on my "sport"  list to help me when I go cycling!

June 24, 2017 4:27 pm  #47

There’s something about Track 17 on the majority of the soundtracks.  Season 2’s Track 17 is Prepared to do Anything, heard first in Belgravia when Sherlock comes back from Battersea and realises that his Mrs Hudson has been abducted, and also in Reichenbach when Jim shoots himself on the roof of Bart’s and then when Sherlock goes over the edge; Season 3 is Redbeard, the second half of which still blows my mind every time I hear it (it’s the bit where Sherlock drags himself up the stairs and back to life); and Season 4 is You Look Different, the scene where Sherlock meets the real Faith in the morgue at the hospital.

If someone told me that I was being sent away to an island for the rest of my life and could only take certain items with me and I could never have anything new after that, and if they said that I could take just one episode (or even just three episodes) of Sherlock with me, I would negotiate with them.  I would say, “If I don’t take any of the episodes, can I instead take the soundtrack to Season 3?”  And if they agreed, I would consider that a good deal.

Obviously I would miss the episodes immensely, but the S3 soundtrack is truly phenomenal. There are so many good tracks – to the extent that I couldn’t even chose a favourite top ten – but the ones that move me the most are the five consecutive tracks towards the end, starting with The Lie in Leinster Gardens through to and including The East Wind.  Even after listening to them a zillion times, I still cry during the run of those tracks.  And when I say cry, I don’t mean that my eyes get a little teary.  I mean that tears are streaming down my face and at least at one point, usually either during The Problems of your Future or The East Wind (and sometimes both), I can’t help but let out a sob.  It’s not because I’m remembering what happened onscreen: it’s the music itself.  The arrangements are so very emotive and they just tear at my heart.

There’s one track that I can never only listen to once, and that’s Lazarus.  I loved Prepared to do Anything to bits; it’s my favourite track for Season 2 and I played it to death between Seasons 2 and 3.  So when it started to be reprised as Lazarus in Season 3 while Sherlock was telling Anderson his version of the Fall, I actually growled out loud and startled the people I was watching the episode with.  Internally I was snarling, “Oh, no!  They’re going to change it and bugger it up!”  But they didn’t.  They kept the absolute core of Prepared and didn’t change it at all, but what they did do was make it bigger.  More instruments, lots of little new riffs around the core, but the core itself was unchanged.  And there’s a chord near the beginning, before the main theme even starts, that ... well, to be delicate I’ll just say that there is writhing on my seat.  And then the final chord before the main theme starts ... well, that finishes me off.  Ahem.  That’s not the reason why I always listen to it more than once (honestly!) but I always have to play it at least twice simply because it’s so magnificent.  But despite that, I still love Prepared to bits, and it doesn’t feel lessened by the lack of extra bits.

June 24, 2017 5:00 pm  #48

I agree about the season 3 soundtrack. It's the only Sherlock soundtrack I've listened to again and again. There are so many amazing tracks, I love most of them. But I think my favorite might be Floating Dust or Vanishing Underground. And, yes, I also cry when I hear East Wind.

Last edited by Vhanja (June 24, 2017 5:03 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 14, 2019 6:20 pm  #49

The poll voted Sherlock´s theme tune as the nation´s most favourite TV theme tune. Wonderful result, although the rivals were tough in this one! 

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/apr/13/sherlock-named-uk-favourite-tv-theme-tune-in-radio-times-bfi-classic-fm-poll

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 15, 2019 2:25 pm  #50

Yes, I am very happy about the result. It is an iconic tune. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera