BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 8, 2016 10:34 pm  #201

Re: What are you listening to?

I have only heard one song from Hamilton, but it was pretty good.

That's a good cover in that video.  I can't even sing the female part of that song (I kind of a low voice for a female person - not that I complain about that), so that was impressive.

Clueing for looks.

March 10, 2016 5:36 am  #202

I know!  Right?   I was just so impressed by his clear pitch, just wanted to share with someone.  Even my female voice isn't that good!   ;D   Did you check out any others?  His scale for 'Christine' is even more eyebrow-inducing.   Which Hamilton song did you hear, the main opening number?  I was just so curious about the buzz surrounding it, and admit as a non-Musicals person, it's pretty darn cool what they did.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 22, 2016 7:52 pm  #203

I'm not a Taylor Swift fan at all but I can't get "Out of the woods" out of my mind.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 25, 2016 4:45 am  #204

Can't Help Falling in Love - Twenty One Pilots cover

Because...I can dig Elvis.

~proud member of OSAJ~

What is Lestrade's division?

March 29, 2016 9:21 pm  #205

The song chosen for my father in law's memorial service.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 29, 2016 9:39 pm  #206

Aw. *hugs*

Clueing for looks.

July 15, 2016 7:48 am  #207

I like the Simon and Garfunkel version the best, but I just heard a really good cover of The Sound of Silence

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 15, 2016 7:50 am  #208

Gosh, not heard them for years...but yes, I like them both as a duo and I also enjoy their individual work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 2, 2016 9:52 am  #209

At the moment I can't get enough of Rufus Wainwright's "When in Disgrace with Fortune...", Shakespeare's Sonnet 29. He performed it during "Shakespeare Live" and I immediately fell in love with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngk4sRQ2C-Y

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 20, 2016 8:53 pm  #210

Spent this evening and many this month listening to the BBC Proms on bbc radio3 .
So . Reminder to everyone of the PROMS 2016. Have been some excellent ones so far the David Bowie prom and the Cello one etc and many more to come including the Mozart requiem one next Friday.
Many available on BBC media iPlayer radio3 and BBC4.
More info and concerts to listen - http://www.bbc.co.uk/proms

Enjoy.

Last edited by Mothonthemantel (August 20, 2016 8:54 pm)

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

August 20, 2016 10:40 pm  #211

Bowie? I must listen to that! Just yesterday I finished my project I gave myself for the summer to listen to all of his studio albums.

Clueing for looks.

August 21, 2016 7:46 am  #212

Wish I was...I've put the 'V' festival on TV and it's crap.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 21, 2016 1:37 pm  #213

I guess with so many concerts, they can't all be winners.

Clueing for looks.

August 21, 2016 1:38 pm  #214

Well I criticised hubby for not knowing what the V festival was, then thought I'd actually better check myself!
There was the odd decent tune.

February 16, 2017 10:18 pm  #215

So, lately, I've had a certain Michael Jackson song stuck constantly in my head (in between various Hamilton soundtracks... dang earworms!! ;D), thanks to coincidentally coming across two very unique covers of it!  As I know there's a couple MJ fans on here, thought I'd just throw it out to share enjoyment of with you, since I've been kind of quieter here otherwise!

The first is from NHK World Blends... seem to be a group that does a bunch of popular Western hits using old Eastern instruments (and there's some really cool ancient Chinese/Japanese string/flute ones out there!)

And then not but a short time later, somehow youtube suggested I listen to the same song (hey, it's a classic that translates well!) covered on a.... orgue de barbarie (barrel organ)?  Hadn't really seen those played before... although I'm familiar with the concept in the version of the 'piano' style/music box ones, where often the notes are hit instead with the 'bumps'/pins on the cylinder that gets rolled while playing.  Kinda cool...

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 17, 2017 3:49 am  #216

Those are both really cool. I love hearing versions of songs that use different instruments than the original version.
It must take a long time to make the organ rolls.

Clueing for looks.

March 10, 2017 1:07 pm  #217

Russell, we have that channel too and hubby and I both love hearing the amazing cover music they highlight.  Some very interesting stuff.

Oh and PS. THE NEW ED SHEERAN CD IS BRINGING ME GREAT JOY!  
https://www.youtube.com/user/EdSheeran

Last edited by tonnaree (March 10, 2017 1:08 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 12, 2017 5:33 pm  #218

I haven't checked that out yet!

I am listening to the cast recording of Come From Away because it is now available on iTunes.  It's just opened on Broadway and I saw it in Toronto over the Christmas break and I absolutely loved it.

Clueing for looks.

May 22, 2017 10:07 pm  #219

Thomas Gould. He can do everything, from Bach to jazz.

Dmitry Sinkovsky. Most excellent baroque performer.

Philippe Jaroussky. The love of my life. 😉

Last edited by DramaQueen (May 22, 2017 10:08 pm)

Men should be what they seem, 
Or those that be not, would they might seem none!

May 27, 2017 2:23 am  #220

Trouble Is a Friend

Force Of Nature

The Show

Board footera