BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 14, 2017 7:14 pm  #661

Re: Official BBC releases - Series 4 - The Game is On!

Oh I see I'd slightly misunderstood this.
Well the game is well and truly on IN S 4...still doesn't mean it isn't over once you've reached the end of the soundtrack!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 14, 2017 8:39 pm  #662

Then this is not exactly the quote I would put at the end of the booklet. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 14, 2017 8:41 pm  #663

I think it's much more fun to remain hopeful for a S5 until they absolutely tell us there won't be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 14, 2017 8:43 pm  #664

Hope is always a possibility.
S 4 has only just ended anyway, I am still enjoying it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 14, 2017 8:53 pm  #665

So am I. Which does not mean I would not like to get some news ...

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 14, 2017 8:55 pm  #666

So would I, but I'm not holding my breath.

February 14, 2017 9:02 pm  #667

tonnaree wrote:

I think it's much more fun to remain hopeful for a S5 until they absolutely tell us there won't be.

I think I'm in the minority because I seriously feel better thinking S4 is the last one.
The tension of waiting for something (if anything at all) for several years would be very taxing for me. The year of speculation between TAB and S4 was pure joy but also felt like a full time job!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

February 14, 2017 9:04 pm  #668

And hope is more than relevant this time because as we don't have a cliffhanger -  which meant  we could be sure they wouldn't leave us hanging in limbo and come up with the next series sooner or later, it feels different. I could enjoy series 4 more when I knew it wasn't the last.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 14, 2017 9:06 pm  #669

Well, I loved the hiatus between S2 and 3. No division in the fandom, lots of love and fun and sadness, waiting together for S3. The time between S3 and TAB was different since Mary proved to be such a divisive factor. But I still had fun. The tim between TAB and S4 was quite short and exciting. So you see, I am a hiatus fan. And while I like S4 very much I still see many loose ends. Too many for my liking. 

February 14, 2017 9:10 pm  #670

I don't mind hiatus if I know it is hiatus and not really the end!
As I say, I am not too despondent at the moment: still enjoying S 4 which I absolutely loved and thought was a perfect ending.
But if we get anymore, I will be delighted.

February 14, 2017 9:12 pm  #671

Yeah, I know, the loose ends make my skin crawl, but I try not to focus on them too much.
I have that irrational fear of not living to see the next installment All those memes with skeletons and dusty remotes waiting for more Sherlock in front of flimmering TVs are doing their job

-----

February 14, 2017 9:14 pm  #672

Ah, memes shmeems...if that's even a word!

February 14, 2017 9:22 pm  #673

Well, no matter how much fun I'm trying to make of that, it's still there. Maybe there will be soon a new ICD-10 classification for the fear of not living long enough to watch new Sherlock. I mean, yeah.

-----

February 14, 2017 9:24 pm  #674

Well I guess we all deal with things in our own way.
I just accept this might be the end and it'll just be a pleasant surprise if we get anymore.

Board footera