BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 11, 2017 10:26 pm  #21

Re: Moriarty's Sexuality

besleybean wrote:

No, I don't.
So following your question, Moriarty could be gay and I have already said that...
But the weird dance with Eurus was my only question on that and also(actually) why 'pretend' to be gay in TGG?

How do we know he "pretended"?
Sherlock deduced him - he could be right in his deduction?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 11, 2017 10:28 pm  #22

He could be.
But then why did he say to Sherlock he was pretending?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 11, 2017 10:34 pm  #23

besleybean wrote:

He could be.
But then why did he say to Sherlock he was pretending?

He pretended to be an IT guy, but for his disguise to really work, some traits of his personality were probably real.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 11, 2017 10:36 pm  #24

Again, possibly so.
But he specifically says to Sherlock: pretending to be gay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 12, 2017 12:19 am  #25

Yes, he acted gay.  Sherlock deduced the surface, and missed the big picture.  It doesn't mean Moriarty isn't gay, of course.   But I do think he was toying with Sherlock there.  It was deliberate. 

February 12, 2017 2:39 pm  #26

I don't know, it's really difficult to label him.

​I see his "attraction" to Sherlock the way I see Sherlock's "attraction" to Irene. Mostly intellectual attraction. Possibly some sexual tension. Less probably love. But I could be wrong of course.

Like Sherlock, I think he is more attracted to people's mind than to their physical appearance or whatever. Which would explain his little "dance" with Eurus because gender wouldn't be an issue (even if I agree we him apparently more attracted to men)

​It seems like sex is just a game for him. Something he uses to provoke people, make them uncomfortable, a power "thing" but also something which simply seems to excite him (i.e, if Mycroft had replied to his "How'd you want me?" question with something like "My desk. Right now", I could easily picture him getting all excited, "wooohooo!" and starting to get undressed, just like I could also imagine him having crazy hungry sex with Eurus. And he apparently doesn't mind sleeping with his bodyguards)

Last edited by Punch me in the face (February 12, 2017 9:30 pm)

Just like old times...

February 12, 2017 2:42 pm  #27

Exactly and I still wonder who wrote that line, my favourite:  how do you want me? Andrew plays it so well.

February 13, 2017 5:42 am  #28

Why does he have to get a label?

If "Sherlock" shows us one thing, it is that the characters' sexual orientations can't be labeled properly. Take Irene, for example. She calls herself gay, yet she's attracted to Sherlock, maybe to his intellect, maybe to his body, who knows.

Or take John. He is shown being interested on women, yet there is eyesex and stuff.

So why is it so important for everyone to label the characters' orientation? I don't get it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

February 13, 2017 8:20 am  #29

I think many of us have said this and is possibly also why Andrew doesn't want to voice his own views.

Board footera