BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 31, 2017 6:48 pm  #81

Re: Things we loved about TFP!

I have always liked the song, but Andrew makes everything special.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 31, 2017 7:05 pm  #82

Such a great song and I loved Andrew in that scene! Have you seen that some people have been putting other songs to that scene, quite funny.

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 31, 2017 7:07 pm  #83

I was going to mention and so now I will...on the DVD extras, there is a different tune playing behind Andrew, so I'm wondering if they changed it last minute.
I Want to Break Free is perfect for the scene and for Andrew.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 31, 2017 7:15 pm  #84

Oh that's interesting, what's the other song? Like you say, maybe they changed their minds during post. Whatever the reason I'm glad they went with I Want To Break Free. 

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 31, 2017 7:16 pm  #85

I honestly can't remember...anybody else?
Incidentally, Amanda's piece isn't on the DVD either.

January 31, 2017 8:32 pm  #86

Yes, Moriarty would most certainly be a fan of Queen. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 31, 2017 11:02 pm  #87

For me its
- The roller coaster ride action and suspense
- Seeing Sherlock, John, and Mycroft together as team 
- Eurus being a chilling and psychologically complex adversary
- The sailor disguise part
- The satisfying return to 221B at the end

Last edited by BrettHolmes (February 1, 2017 1:15 am)

February 1, 2017 6:40 am  #88

Good choices.

February 8, 2017 1:46 pm  #89

A small scene that I really really love in TFP: Sherlock's smile near the end just after he shot the smiley face and blew air onto the gunpoint (is this how you say it in English???).
I think it is a new smile that we have never seen before on Sherlock's face. (I would need to rewatch the whole series to be sure, though. )
It is a very honest, gentle and content smile combined with a tiny bit of a cheeky smirk. I get the impression that this is very much Benedict himself showing through his Sherlock performance. I love it!!!
I don't know if he did that on purpose or if it just happened, because Sherlock has developed/matured so much by the end of TFP.
What are your thoughts?

Last edited by Rache (February 8, 2017 1:48 pm)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

February 8, 2017 2:44 pm  #90

Rache wrote:

A small scene that I really really love in TFP: Sherlock's smile near the end just after he shot the smiley face and blew air onto the gunpoint (is this how you say it in English???).
I think it is a new smile that we have never seen before on Sherlock's face. (I would need to rewatch the whole series to be sure, though. )
It is a very honest, gentle and content smile combined with a tiny bit of a cheeky smirk. I get the impression that this is very much Benedict himself showing through his Sherlock performance. I love it!!!
I don't know if he did that on purpose or if it just happened, because Sherlock has developed/matured so much by the end of TFP.
What are your thoughts?

Excellent observation and I think you're right.  I love the tiny subtle things.  Such a small smile and yet it does help illustrate how Sherlock has grown.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera