BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 31, 2017 8:31 pm  #1

It's never too late to join the fun!

Hey everyone!
I'm Spanish and have been a fan of ACD Sherlock novels and stories since childhood. For some weird reason, I only started watching Sherlock in 2014 and got completely hooked (although I have a love-hate relationship with S3, I must admit).
After S4 aired I started rewatching episodes and lurking around the forum, and today I finally took the plunge and registered. It feels like arriving late to a fabulous party, but I guess better late than never!
I just want to thank you all guys for making Sherlock more than a show: a giant puzzle that we can al solve together or, at least, play with for a long time.
I'll see you around!

"It is what it is"
"You see, but you do not observe"

"I shall die upon a cloud of Johnlock fluff and have my body launched into the sun". - LadyTuesday

January 31, 2017 8:35 pm  #2

Re: It's never too late to join the fun!

Hello and welcome!
I completely agree that the forum makes the experience even better

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 31, 2017 8:55 pm  #3

Bienvenido, Elemental, nice to have you here. And you are right, being with other Sherlockians only increases the fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 31, 2017 9:42 pm  #4

Thanks, ewige, and gracias, SusiGo. I'm a girl though (bienvenida), I forgot to tell in the first post

"It is what it is"

"I shall die upon a cloud of Johnlock fluff and have my body launched into the sun". - LadyTuesday

January 31, 2017 10:19 pm  #5

Sorry, I only know some Spanish words but do not speak the language. Thanks for telling me. I love learning about other languages. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 31, 2017 10:23 pm  #6

Well I enjoyed one term of Spanish but remember only "embalajes". You are way ahead of me at least, Susi

-----

February 1, 2017 7:18 am  #7

LOL "embalajes" (packaging) is a rather unusual word to know.
A bit more of Sherlock-friendly Spanish for you: "Elemental" is the first word of the classic "Elemental, querido Watson" ("Elementary, dear Watson"): that classic expression so often associated with SH, at least in Spain, that actually he never said.

"It is what it is"

February 1, 2017 7:24 am  #8

Welcome, Elemental! 

February 1, 2017 7:27 am  #9

Thanks, Liberty!

"It is what it is"

February 1, 2017 8:25 am  #10

Oh, "querido Watson"! May come in handy. Noted for future use

-----

February 1, 2017 9:58 am  #11

Hi Elemental! It is definitely never to late to join

Welcome!

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

February 4, 2017 5:21 pm  #12

Hello and welcome Elemental

I understand how you feel about joining this party late, I'm here for just one month. And I hope it'll make much fun solving this puzzle with you now

-----------------------------------------
Just being a curl.

February 6, 2017 11:13 pm  #13

Thanks Lis

And thanks, Sherlock's Curl. Yeah, we are goint to have a blast anyways. Love your location 

"It is what it is"

February 7, 2017 6:48 am  #14

Belated welcome to the forum from me as well! :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 25, 2017 7:46 pm  #15

Good evening, Ladies and Gents!

Allow me to introduce myself.
My name is Alex, I’m not a native speaker, so I beg your pardon for my mistakes.

About two years ago my friend seduced me to watch BBC Sherlock. I became addicted and shortly afterwards watched all movies with Mr. Cumberbatch as well as stage plays "Frankenstein"  and  "Hamlet".

One of my absolute favourites was "Third star" and the first YouTube video on my channel was dedicated to James.

Later I saw also "Sherlock. The Case of Evil" (2002) with  Mr. D'Arcy and fell in love. Forgive me. Heart wants what it wants.

I still recognise Mr. Cumberbatch as a great and most versatile actor and follow (alongside my friend)  the BBC Sherlock with excitement.

Not to mention that I was and will forever be a huge admirer of the works by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

I feel honoured to be here among all of you, the true and faithful fans.

Thanks.

Last edited by DramaQueen (May 25, 2017 7:54 pm)

Men should be what they seem, 
Or those that be not, would they might seem none!

May 25, 2017 8:55 pm  #16

Welcome, DramaQueen, what a lovely introduction. Have fun. 

May 26, 2017 8:32 am  #17

Thank you, SusiGo! 🌹

May 27, 2017 2:21 am  #18

I am so happy to be in this great forum

May 27, 2017 11:05 am  #19

Welcome to the forum. It's great to have new face around! :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 27, 2017 1:42 pm  #20

Schmiezi wrote:

Welcome to the forum. It's great to have new face around! :-)

Thanks a lot! 🌹

Board footera