BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 1, 2017 4:15 pm  #1

Series 1 - Read the scripts (including deleted parts)

This is very interesting: 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/scripts/sherlock

The TGG script for example has Mycroft mentioning Daddy Holmes shagging the au pair on the backseat of the car, Sherlock deducing this. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 1, 2017 4:33 pm  #2

Re: Series 1 - Read the scripts (including deleted parts)

Wow. I'm actually glad they scratched that...

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

February 1, 2017 5:28 pm  #3

I think it was a nod to "The 7-Percent-Solution". 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 1, 2017 5:46 pm  #4

Must have been before they decided to bring Benedict's parents in and make them a good example of married life

Reading on now. A lot of interesting details - even in the scenes that aren't the deleted ones! The script also helps to see where the writers' decisions end and the actors' / director's ones begin.

-----

February 1, 2017 6:07 pm  #5

This is really cool, and interesting! It's another layer! 

I'm also glad the thing about daddy holmes was left out in a way

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 1, 2017 6:36 pm  #6

Aren't we all?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 1, 2017 7:24 pm  #7

ASIP, Page 48:

JOHN: Hello?
A cultured, educated voice (Mark Gatiss).

!!!

-----

February 1, 2017 7:25 pm  #8

Love it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 1, 2017 7:48 pm  #9

Thanks for posting these! 

February 2, 2017 6:47 pm  #10

SusiGo wrote:

The TGG script for example has Mycroft mentioning Daddy Holmes shagging the au pair on the backseat of the car, Sherlock deducing this. 

Yeah I remember Mofftiss talked about that scene once. I think it would be too much. We don't need to know everything

Very interesting, thanks for posting the link.

Last edited by Ivy (February 2, 2017 6:48 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

February 2, 2017 7:53 pm  #11

Thanks for posting the scripts, they're so interesting to read!

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

February 3, 2017 8:45 pm  #12

Ivy wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Yeah I remember Mofftiss talked about that scene once. I think it would be too much. We don't need to know everything

Very interesting, thanks for posting the link.

Very intersting indeed!!!
I have been watching TGG with audio commentary only three days ago which I haven't done in ages. And they mention they cut this scene a bit. That there has been an addition to how Sherlock spoiled the family atmosphere.. Benedict was saying something like: "I found out that my father was having... but am I allowed to say it? Probably not, Mark? Maybe we'll pick up on it again, in the future? It's better not to say it."
Naturally I was dying to find out what that scene with daddy Holmes was, and what they might have had in mind already at this time so early on in the series.

With TFP in my mind, I really wondered whether Benedict was going to say "that my father was having... an allergy to dogs." (and there somehow has been an incident around this that disturbed the family peace (like Sherlock deliberately exposing his dad to dog's hair, that had almost turned out fatal to his dad due to severe allergic shock.
LOL, but now I know that Benedict must have wanted to say "that my father was having... an affair" or something like that. Glad they cut it out of the episode though.

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

Board footera