BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 24, 2017 6:16 pm  #1

Sian Brooke

I couldn't see a thread for Sian but apologies if I've missed one somewhere.

I think she was great in the role of Eurus as well as additionally playing the roles of Faith and the Therapist.

Here's a little interview with her on BBC Breakfast.

Edited to remove video as unfortunately it was made private. If I find it again I'll repost.

Last edited by Lis (February 1, 2017 6:04 pm)

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 24, 2017 6:31 pm  #2

Re: Sian Brooke

Thank you for starting a thread for Sian!  Many of us here saw her playing Ophelia opposite Benedict's Hamlet, so we are already fans!  I thought she was brilliant, loved how much she put into all of Eurus' personas.   I'm looking forward to seeing more of her.

February 1, 2017 6:03 pm  #3

Nice interview with Sian.

Last edited by Lis (February 1, 2017 6:04 pm)

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

February 1, 2017 6:07 pm  #4

Loved this QandA! She's so easy going. Also, nice of her to answer the question about the chemistry from their Hamlet days. I've been wondering

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

February 1, 2017 7:56 pm  #5

I think it's so cute that she has a lisp in "real life", but it goes when she's acting ... Benedict does a little too.   Love her accents!

February 1, 2017 7:58 pm  #6

I thought she was brilliant all round.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 20, 2017 8:49 am  #7

Did anyone else watch The Moorside (BBC dramatisation about the Shannon Matthews case)?  It was interesting to see Sian in yet another very different part.  It's great that she's been in two very high profile TV programmes this year - maybe she's set to become a big star?

February 20, 2017 4:35 pm  #8

Ah, didn't realise it was her!
I mean just from the trailers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 1, 2017 11:25 am  #9

Thanks, Lis, for the interview. I had wondered about Sian playing the violin in real life - for two weeks of practice she's amazing (even assuming that the sound isn't hers). But playing the cello as a child would have helped...

October 1, 2017 2:22 pm  #10

Anybody watching Doctor Foster at the moment?  She's fantastic in that - a relatively small part, but really makes her mark!

October 2, 2017 9:34 am  #11

Can't, no telly...

October 2, 2017 9:40 am  #12

PC or lap top?

October 2, 2017 9:50 am  #13

Seems to be on BBC, and my hacking skills are not good enough to watch that in France.

October 2, 2017 4:40 pm  #14

What a shame.  It's great fun! 

Board footera