BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 24, 2012 9:02 pm  #1

Appearing Cheltenham Festival

Benedict is appearing at the Cheltenham Music Festival in Gloucestershire, UK next month. He is reading poetry and prose written in World War 1 with piano pieces contemporaneous to the war played  in between. It is sold out but there may be a chance of returns. It is at the Parabola Arts Centre July 12th at 19.00 tickets are £15.

www.cheltenhamfestivals.com/find-events/music/m56-ww1-piano-and-poetry

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 24, 2012 9:38 pm  #2

Re: Appearing Cheltenham Festival

Janine to Ben, come in Ben! We have poetry and music festivals here in the states too..Please spread yourself evenly across the ponds

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

June 26, 2012 2:43 pm  #3

First Tim Minchin had to cancel his show there, now Ben's there and it's sold out and I'm also booked up for that date. This festival does not like me!

June 26, 2012 3:42 pm  #4

There are some nice literary festivals in Germany as well. And the weather's not too bad at the moment. Give it a try, Ben  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 13, 2012 10:30 am  #5

Cheltenham Music Festival Artist Profile
Benedict Cumberbatch
Place of birth: London
Studied: Harrow, Manchester University, LAMDA, the World
Significant teachers &/or mentors: Martin Tyrrell
Place you call home: London
Career Highlights: The Next Job
Favourite Composer: Beethoven
Unfulfilled ambition: To climb a. Mountain, to dream in a foreign language and to play the Moonlight Sonata
Where will your next stop be after Cheltenham? My bed
Something else? I have a fear of questionnaires.

Some further information from moi...
Martin Tyrrell- Head of Drama at Harrow.
When I read 'the World' I hear Douglas Richardson's voice in my head.
Favourite composer ...Irene's in with a shout there and perhaps the German members of the forum.
The dream bit...anyone up for a bit of foreign language teaching? Of course for many of you it isn't a foreign language it's your mother tongue and English is a foreign language.
My bed...this means Ben's bed not my bed, you understand.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 13, 2012 10:55 am  #6

Davina wrote:

Where will your next stop be after Cheltenham? My bed

My bed...this means Ben's bed not my bed, you understand.

Naughty girl. No one would come up with such an idea  .

Er, as for the foreign language bit - always at Ben's service. Dreaming in German can be quite sexy.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 21, 2012 7:39 pm  #7

I've got tickets - woo hoo!

http://www.cheltenhamfestivals.com/find-events/literature/l053-benedict-cumberbatch-sherlock-a-thoroughly-modern-victorian

Benedict Cumberbatch: Sherlock - A Thoroughly Modern Victorian
Saturday, October 6, 2012 - 8.45-10pm

What are the challenges of re-imagining a great Victorian classic for the modern age? The actor Benedict Cumberbatch discusses Sherlock, BBC TV’s triumphant remake, and shares fascinating insights into the creative process that brought this new detective for the 21st century to our screens. Chaired by journalist and Sherlock co-star Louise Brealey.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 21, 2012 8:25 pm  #8

Oh, that's great, let us know all about it afterwards  .

August 21, 2012 10:01 pm  #9

Yeah! Give us the low-down Boss.

August 21, 2012 11:48 pm  #10

You mean you were one of the 10,000 who got one of the 15o tix? Brilliant!!

Hey, what about creating a Board shirt or banner for such encounters - just wondering as I will be meeting him in New Zealand later this year too?

August 22, 2012 2:41 pm  #11

The Doctor wrote:

You mean you were one of the 10,000 who got one of the 15o tix? Brilliant!!

Hey, what about creating a Board shirt or banner for such encounters - just wondering as I will be meeting him in New Zealand later this year too?

What, meeting him in NZ? Are you messing with me, Doc?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 22, 2012 11:35 pm  #12

Well, I am placing my life's joy on the hope that I will be able to catch Martin and Benedict sometime somewhere around The Hobbit world premiere in Wellington!

September 9, 2012 7:40 pm  #13

BY THE WAY...

If anyone in England is going to the Cheltenham thing on 6th October...I'll be driving down from the Leeds area and am offering out the seats in my car to other Sherlockians...kind of like a Sherlockian road trip...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 10, 2012 5:03 pm  #14

Hey, SH. I would love a lift to the festival. Pick me up in Canberra next weekend and we can drive back through Asia and Europe. Might have to avoid Afghanistan and parts of the Middle East, though. I'll supply snacks and Vegemite sandwiches. LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

September 10, 2012 5:13 pm  #15

What about a little side trip to pick me up, girls? I'll provide the world's best champagne truffles and a bottle of bubbly. 

September 10, 2012 11:59 pm  #16

I am actually all for Afghanistan - in the footsteps of our heroes. And after all, I am a doctor!

When do we leave?

Board footera