BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 10, 2012 5:16 pm  #21

Re: BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH'S LAST SHERLOCK CASE?

SusiGo wrote:

hepzibah wrote:

Personally, I'm looking forward to Series 15 

So do I - and to discuss it with you all and swoon over pictures of silvery grey Benedict and Martin. 

Hmm, not sure why my message posted twice, bloody interweb gremlins, but it was worth saying twice!
Martin is already on the way to being a silver fox or maybe hedgehog.
There is a really cute fanfic about an older Sherlock and John moving to the country where Sherlock has silver streaks (natural, not from a bottle) and someone refers to him as a badger, which makes John a badger-whisperer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

September 10, 2012 6:51 pm  #22

hypergreenfrog wrote:

For the fear of sounding a little fatalistic, there is no way anyone can be 100% sure if there will be a S4 before S3 has even aired, no matter how reliable the source.
Probably the actors and writers themselves don't even know. In show business, a year is a life time to plan ahead, so let's be happy that S3 is secured for 2013, anything beyond that is mere speculation at this point.

Very true. But, as long as Moftiss and Ben/Martin keep saying they're up for it, there is a good chance

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

September 10, 2012 7:59 pm  #23

Oh yes, series 15 would be wonderful.
How wonderful would that be...
They should continue Sherlock until we see 90 year-old Benedict sitting on a Veranda, reading "Practical Handbook of Bee Culture, with some Observations upon the Segregation of the Queen" :D

--------------------------------------------------
Crime in Progress. Please Disturb.

September 10, 2012 8:00 pm  #24

Well... I doubt if I could watch 90 year-old Ben. I would be 98 then.... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 10, 2012 9:07 pm  #25

As much, frankly, will depend upon the writers as the actors. Particularly with Sherlock which is writer driven in the first place.

Last edited by Davina (September 10, 2012 9:07 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 11, 2012 3:20 am  #26

hepzibah wrote:

With reference to Amanda Abbington's Twitter account, she seems to have gotten into an argument with someone as to whether The Moff is a misogynist or not (she came down on the 'not' side). It got pretty heated for a while and I think she simply got fed up and signed off for the night. She was back on now. However, The Moff has deleted his account, tired of the abuse, I guess.

http://www.themarysue.com/things-we-saw-today-104/

Yeah that argument was the day after the Tweet I posted up there though.
And at the moment it seems some trolls are now attacking amanda. Grrrr

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

September 11, 2012 7:12 pm  #27

Meh. I think it'll be fine. There'll be more...

I think they should definitely go to Series 4 or 5, and then maybe stop...I know that sounds crazy, but I would hate SO much for Sherlock to become one of those series that just kept getting made but loses its quality. I want it to always be brilliant and to end on a high.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 11, 2012 7:23 pm  #28

I have to quote from a fanfiction I once read, it's an Benedict/OFC story and the quote is from the epilogue.

Despite his success in film, he continued to portray Sherlock Holmes for the BBC periodically, until the series came to a close in 2035.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 12, 2012 3:52 am  #29

uh, care to share the complete story? sounds interesting!

September 12, 2012 7:06 am  #30

The Doctor wrote:

uh, care to share the complete story? sounds interesting!

Oh of course, don't know if this is the right thread for it 

http://archiveofourown.org/works/259808/chapters/534751

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 14, 2012 11:37 am  #31

I had read or heard somewhere that they were planning a big cliffhanger for S3 (much like Reichenbach) which led me to (desperately) believe that there will be a season 4.  But of course, as someone else pointed out that's all speculation.  Seems like I also heard Moftiss say that they'd love to go on writing Sherlock for a hundred years.  I'm learning that they like to tease their fans a bit... so maybe that's the idea here.  But I agree that I don't think the show could go on forever and be as brilliant as it is now.  Take for example the UK version of the Office (starring the brilliant Martin) which was short, sweet, and ended on a high.  Compare that to the US version of the Office, which I adored for the first 3 seasons, and have since been unimpressed with.  They let it go on too long.  I'm sure the writing talents of Moftiss far surpass those of the US Office writers, but I don't know that there's any writer that can make a show go past season 7 or 8 and still be interesting, relevant, and exciting.  If they could do it though, of course I wouldn't object!

Last edited by sherlockedkt (September 14, 2012 11:37 am)

Board footera