BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 24, 2017 1:12 pm  #1

Missed season 4, is there way to download it permanently from Netflix?

Hello dear who ever takes the time to answer this
So please don't be mean but I really had not the time to watch season 4 of sherlock... I know what a shame this is as a real Sherlock addict, but sometimes life is more important
But NOW I have finally the time to catch this up! You can not imagine what horror this was, trying not to listen to or accidentally stumble across someone spoiler the new epsiodes!!!! 
So since I'm going on vacations a have a 12 h flight, I will definitley catch this up (for the first time I'm happy that a series has only 3 episodes per season :D) But coming back to my actual problem: my precious tablet fell on the floor yesterday and now it's broken  Today I was at a store to see if they can repare it, but they told me this will taxe approx. about 2-3 weeks!!! So of course it need to be fixed but my flight is on this saturday!!!!! (I'm feeling like I'm going through hell, srsly!) I imagend my flight so perfect cause Netflix has this offline function but now I wanted to download Sherlock for my laptop and offline is only possbile for tablet or tv!!!! (ARE YOU KIDDING ME????)  Yes, so now I'm kinda lost and just want to cry :D So I thought about you guys, maybe someone can help me figuring a way out to get season 4 on my laptop so I can finally watch it this weekend?? I really don't have the time to really enjoy it bc my work is so overwhelming Thanks for any advice! Ah forgot to mention, I don't want some illegal advice! 

January 24, 2017 2:50 pm  #2

Re: Missed season 4, is there way to download it permanently from Netflix?

I haven't got time to check it out... but doesn't Amazon have a download option or something? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 24, 2017 3:13 pm  #3

I can only watch it on Amazon.
I think it's easier to borrow a tablet from a friend than find a way to legally dl the season.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 24, 2017 5:53 pm  #4

Not sure, sorry... kind of doubt you can download anything from Netflix... Amazon and iTunes seem more likely to let you do that, but....  But wouldn't it be easier to quickly find a place selling copies of the dvd?  (again, I realize this depends on your location... but they thankfully released it pretty quickly!)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 24, 2017 6:18 pm  #5

Series 4 is on iTunes now.

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 27, 2017 12:24 pm  #6

thank you all for your responses! Problem is I'm already paying ever month for netflix and yes, there is an offline function but like I already said not for laptop or computers (they definitley have to fix this!). Hmmm I also thought of maybe switching to Amazon instead of netflix... have to think about it. And I never purchased something via iTunes... don't you need apple products for that? (I'm kind of boycotting everything from apple, I hate the company and how they just make money with overpriced products and have bad working conditions).

January 27, 2017 12:38 pm  #7

sinbad wrote:

thank you all for your responses! Problem is I'm already paying ever month for netflix and yes, there is an offline function but like I already said not for laptop or computers (they definitley have to fix this!). Hmmm I also thought of maybe switching to Amazon instead of netflix... have to think about it. And I never purchased something via iTunes... don't you need apple products for that? (I'm kind of boycotting everything from apple, I hate the company and how they just make money with overpriced products and have bad working conditions).

You can download it from iTunes on a Windows computer, no problem at all. You need to install iTunes on your computer first but the program itself is free, you only pay for the videos and music that you actually download.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

January 27, 2017 1:04 pm  #8

Have you considered screen recording? There are a few good softwares out there, so you can record eveything you are streaming on your laptop (and you don't have to switch to amazon). A good and reliable one is moviebox, you have to pay a bit for it but there is also a free trial, so maybe you just test it since your flight is already tomorrow. See here http://audials.com/en/how_to_record_stream_capture_music_videos_movies_from/netflix.html
Ah and I forgot to mention, it's not illegal! As long as you keept stuff you reorded to yourself and don't diclose it. Hope this helped, have a good flight!

January 27, 2017 1:46 pm  #9

oh thanks didn't know that about iTunes, I will take a look at it later (I hope I can overcome my hatred :D)Also this screen recording thing doesn't sounds bad, I will also have a look at it later before I finally decide what I will do! Thanks again to everyone who helped me with this I'm so excited and looking forward to finally watch season 4!!!  You guys are the best!

Board footera