BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 20, 2017 6:56 pm  #6961

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

I didn't think of this the first time I saw the episode but now I can't not think about it when I watch it haha 

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 20, 2017 10:57 pm  #6962

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 20, 2017 11:39 pm  #6963

Question:

In The Final Problem, WHY DO PEOPLE ASSUME HE'S TEXTING IRENE?!?!?!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 21, 2017 8:43 am  #6964

I honestly have no idea tonnaree, it was obvious to me that he was texting Greg!

January 21, 2017 10:05 am  #6965

Same here, I never thought of Irene. 

But look at this, get your tissues ready. This is so beautiful:

http://junejuly15.tumblr.com/post/156162564437/gloriascott93-culverton-who-you-really-are

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 21, 2017 2:59 pm  #6966

aw that is wonderful <3

January 21, 2017 4:10 pm  #6967

Lis wrote:

I honestly have no idea tonnaree, it was obvious to me that he was texting Greg!

!

Not only that but right after we see Lestrade show up at the flat!

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 22, 2017 4:04 pm  #6968

Not directly Johnlock but this tweet made me laugh!

https://twitter.com/beenedict/status/817688585965076480

January 22, 2017 5:27 pm  #6969

Lis wrote:

Oh god.  That's fabulous.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 22, 2017 5:47 pm  #6970

Lis wrote:

Oh that's hilarious!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 22, 2017 6:06 pm  #6971

Love it! They should have gone with the setlock version of Sherlock driving the car. Poor man. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 24, 2017 5:12 am  #6972

I need to ask you something:

Who of you sees Johnlock in S4?

I am asking because I do. Not the pining from earlier episodes, that is true. No eye-sex, no longing  glances.

But if you consider what is happening in those three episodes, I doubt that you would expect flirting in real life.

What I see instead are deep emotions between John and Sherlock. I see the hug with John's little speech about Irene before that basically sums up where John and Sherlock are standen right now.
I see Sherlock wondering if John can call his daughter to say goodbye when faced with the drone. I see Sherlock telling John "It's all right" when John was unable to shoot David. I see John helping Sherlock up after smashing the coffin. They don't need many words, they only need subtile glances, short touches to comfort each other.
And I see John's and Sherlock's face beating with joy in the end when Sherlock hands John Rosie. I don't think I have seen them that happy before.

For me, all this is Johnlock. I think that becoming a couple will happen without much flirting now. They are past that point, their feelings are already too deep, they have gone through too much now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 24, 2017 6:38 am  #6973

Schmiezi, I don't usually take sides on the relationships. But TFP has me undeniably seeing two men as a couple, who are emotionally but probably not physically intimate. Sherlock himself says John is family, and they function on the same wavelength throughout the entire episode, more than in any previous episode of any series. I am of the theory that most relationships are sadly categorized into only a few very small labels, when in fact most relationships change rapidly from one type to another in its evolution. I think for me, the important thing is I can't see them not functioning as a team from this point forward, and I really like the evidence that they will stick together like glue from now on. 

January 24, 2017 7:26 am  #6974

Schmiezi wrote:

I am asking because I do. Not the pining from earlier episodes, that is true. No eye-sex, no longing glances.

But if you consider what is happening in those three episodes, I doubt that you would expect flirting in real life.

What I see instead are deep emotions between John and Sherlock. I see the hug with John's little speech about Irene before that basically sums up where John and Sherlock are standen right now.
I see Sherlock wondering if John can call his daughter to say goodbye when faced with the drone. I see Sherlock telling John "It's all right" when John was unable to shoot David. I see John helping Sherlock up after smashing the coffin. They don't need many words, they only need subtile glances, short touches to comfort each other.
And I see John's and Sherlock's face beating with joy in the end when Sherlock hands John Rosie. I don't think I have seen them that happy before.

For me, all this is Johnlock. I think that becoming a couple will happen without much flirting now. They are past that point, their feelings are already too deep, they have gone through too much now.

I agree. And loath as I am to bring in Mary as evidence, I do not see anyone discussing this: 

I know you two; and if I’m gone, I know what you could become ... because I know who you really are. A junkie who solves crimes to get high .... and the doctor who never came home from the war. Well, you listen to me: who you really are, it doesn’t matter.

What could they become? Best friends, partners in crime-solving? But this is what they already are, have been for years, this is nothing they have to become now, 

Who you really are, it doesn't matter. - People have criticised this but I think it could also mean something really beautiful. It doesn't matter that you are not gay, John, it does not matter that you are married to your work, Sherlock. There are times when all this does not matter as long as you love each other. 

January 24, 2017 7:42 am  #6975

I agree, SusiGo, it is compelling because also the "if I am gone", implies that yes, they could only become this 'whatever it is' if she is gone. How come they couldn't be this way with her there? Hmmm, seems telling. She also describes them they way people who are shallow, or on the outside see them, it feels like she is being deliberately flippant. I think it was interesting back in ASiB, when Adler says they are a 'couple', even then, and they are even more in tune with each other now.

January 24, 2017 7:47 am  #6976

Yes, you are right. It is usually women who see them for what they are. 

January 24, 2017 8:17 am  #6977

Schmiezi wrote:

I do, just as always.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 24, 2017 9:14 am  #6978

I seriously think that I've been given everything johnlock-wise that the show could have given me, even more (parentlock!!!). I have my issues with season 4 but johnlock isn't one of them!

I think some people confuse JL and LGBT representation. A rainbow firework would have been nice, but TFP is in line with the "softly, softly" approach - and it is fine! If Moftiss decide their show doesn't need to be a political statement, it's all fine.

LGBT activists take offense at the "it doesn't matter who you are" line. But I think this is the next step, the vision of the future that's (luckily) reality in some places already now: people don't need to fight for being acknowledged and their sex life is their own business, list like the color of their eyes. "Sherlock" is a beautiful love story because of this belief too.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 24, 2017 9:19 am  #6979

I do see Johnlock. The ending, them bringing up Rosie together in 221B, Sherlock not even thinking about shooting John instead of Mycroft, the hug... But I'm sad because we could have get so much more and I can't stop thinking about such a wasted opportunity. I lost hope we'll ever see it on screen. They deliberately left it open to interpretation and the ending was great, but it was the second best ending we could have.

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

January 24, 2017 1:02 pm  #6980

Schmiezi wrote:

I am asking because I do. Not the pining from earlier episodes, that is true. No eye-sex, no longing glances.

Aw honey, do I really have to answer this?     Couldn't have said it better myself.  I was crying at the end of TFP.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera