BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 22, 2017 7:56 pm  #1

Episode 4???

Hey fandom,

I haven't been keeping up much with Sherlockian news much this week, what with college starting back up in the States and all, but I keep hearing all these 4th episode rumors going around. Where are these coming from??? Are they true(ish)? Curious to hear y'all's thoughts and explanations of this

January 22, 2017 8:09 pm  #2

Re: Episode 4???

I can't see much truth in it. It came from fans who didn't like TFP and who created this (conspiracy) theory because they couldn't handle TFP being the end (as of now). Or that is my slightly harsh interpretation, at least.

It wouldn't make sense to create an episode that is hidden and not spoken of. If they don't do PR for it, and won't even put it in the TV guide, then a lot of people will miss it. It takes a lot of time and money to create an episode, they would want as many people as possible to know about it to get as many viewers as possible. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 22, 2017 8:31 pm  #3

What about the screenshots that have been going around? Are some of those fake, then?

I would love to see a fourth episode, although I'm happy with what we've got. It would fall in line with that "TV history" line they said, though I agree that "TV history" is kind of pointless if you don't have anyone aware that it's even happening!

January 22, 2017 8:39 pm  #4

The screenshots are probably from scenes filmed for season 4, but later cut from the final episodes. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

January 22, 2017 9:30 pm  #5

Wishful thinking! I was very irritated by that conpiracy. They thought "Apple Tree Yard" that series that is on today at 9 p.m.(British time) is a hidden Sherlock episode. But it's really a new 4 part BBC series. Honestly why would they keep that secret? They would want good ratings, right? I was never so worried of and appalled by (because of that death threats towards Mofftiss) some people of the Sherlock fandom.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 22, 2017 9:33 pm  #6

Death threats?  Vile.
I'm watching Apple Tree Yard now.
It's quite good, but far too sexual for me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 22, 2017 9:38 pm  #7

Death threats towards Moftiss!?! How horrible!

I'm worried that our fandom is about to destroy ourselves in rage over what we didn't get! Whether people like it or not, s4 is canon. It may be open to interpretation (that whole reality vs MP vs EMP vs John's MP? debate *rolls eyes*), but not a reason for death threats or general nastiness. With an indefinite waiting time for the next season, we'll have to be careful with how we occupy this time...

January 22, 2017 9:41 pm  #8

Well I don't think we'll get another season, but there is never any acceptable reason for death threats.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 22, 2017 10:09 pm  #9

I don't think we will either, at least not in the usual 2-3 years we've been getting them

January 23, 2017 6:28 am  #10

I think if we ever get any more, it will be a one off special and not for a very long time.

January 23, 2017 2:59 pm  #11

If it's going to be many years from now before they make even a one-off, they may as well stop making the episodes altogether, and just go ahead and announce that Sherlock is officially over.

January 23, 2017 3:13 pm  #12

Well, there has always been several years between each season, so that is nothing new. 

Team Hudders!

January 23, 2017 5:39 pm  #13

There, that should put this thought at rest:

http://nemoholmes.tumblr.com/post/156268926661/xthismeanswar-pan-wybaczy

And to be honest, I'm getting sick of people at Tumblr thinking they are talking on behalf of the "fandom" on how they hated TFP, how there is a hidden episode etc.

They are not. I consider myself what they call a "loyal fan", and I loved S4. They do not speak on my behalf and shouldn't act as if they do. 

Team Hudders!

January 23, 2017 5:52 pm  #14

It's sad that Sue had to make that clear at all. Imagine you put all of yourself into a project and people keep coming to you with questions whether that was it already.
I'm not the biggest fan of the show finale but I respect the work of all these people at least.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 23, 2017 6:02 pm  #15

Personally I hold out hope for series 5 in the future, or who knows... a standalone... but this has gotten out of hand. Tumblr is a very scary place recently (Though I'll stress we are a bunch who ignore all of that) but yeah. Yesterday I reported a post for threatening violence towards Mofftiss 

I'm sure they were only joking but it was way over the line for me and too descriptive. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 23, 2017 6:03 pm  #16

Team Hudders!

January 23, 2017 6:13 pm  #17

I just reblogged that, well said! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 23, 2017 6:19 pm  #18

Thank you!

Team Hudders!

January 23, 2017 7:58 pm  #19

@Vhanja Go, girl!

January 23, 2017 8:17 pm  #20

Thanks, besley! 

Team Hudders!

Board footera