BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 9, 2012 11:53 am  #1

BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH'S LAST SHERLOCK CASE?

http://www.express.co.uk/features/view/344757

.................However, with both Cumberbatch, 36, and Freeman, 41 today, now enjoying flourishing film careers, there are no plans for further episodes beyond that, with insiders admitting that the forthcoming series is likely to be the actors’ final outing in the famous roles.

“Benedict and Martin love Sherlock. It’s been fabulous for both of them but it’s a question of schedules,"  we are told.

“They will no doubt be signing off in style.

And from Twitter this was asked of Amanda ...

Dania Homsi
@amandaabbington Is it true that Martin and Benedict might stop playing John and Sherlock because of their busy schedules? #pleaseno

amanda abbington
@dandoush96 where did you hear that? X

All went quite on her account after that.

So, is the news source a reliable one?
Hmmmm .....

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

September 9, 2012 12:10 pm  #2

Re: BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH'S LAST SHERLOCK CASE?

Hmm, indeed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 9, 2012 12:21 pm  #3

Not worried yet. Mofftiss always leave the fans hanging on this point.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 9, 2012 1:26 pm  #4

Again it appears to be a mish mash of several interviews or snippets in the press. The fact that there are 3 writers credited with such a small piece AND that some quotes come from 'inside sources' even though some of those things are Ben's words in an inerview......

Well at least they got some traffic to their website I guess.
lol

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

September 9, 2012 2:07 pm  #5

But of course you posting this was only for information, right? You wanted to be nice.   

And of course all by mistake you forgot to quote the last sentence:

Now he [BC] can keep the Sherlock writers on their toes, he claims mischievously.

“I need to have some more talks with them and tease them about the fact that I do have a career outside of Sherlock now, so they’d better write something.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 9, 2012 3:52 pm  #6

I would love for the series to go on, but I guess I could resign myself to just one more season, atl least seeing Sherlock return.

Yeah, I say that now, but...

September 10, 2012 3:50 am  #7

Mattlocked wrote:

But of course you posting this was only for information, right? You wanted to be nice.   

And of course all by mistake you forgot to quote the last sentence:

Now he [BC] can keep the Sherlock writers on their toes, he claims mischievously.

“I need to have some more talks with them and tease them about the fact that I do have a career outside of Sherlock now, so they’d better write something.

It's one of the things we do as mods, search out articles that perhaps have not been seen by members, so yes it was for 'information' purposes.

And no, I made no mistake at leaving any other sentence out. I posted the part most relevant to the title & the link to the article. Due to copyright, I prefer NOT to post an article as this could become a legal issue. It's an odd thing in this forum, something I have never encountered before. People don't want to read the articles on links, they expect us to serve it all up on a platter on these pages. I also prefer not to post the whole thing as frankly, if people have enough interest, they will go & read it themselves; who knows what wording I may manipulate to suit my own purposes huh?

Also the last sentence you have posted did not originate from that article, it was at the end of one written mainly about Parade's End some weeks ago. It's an example of why I am saying this isn't an original article, it's just a rehash of several recent ones by various people/sites. From that fact you can make up your own mind as to the validity of this particular piece of journalism.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

September 10, 2012 11:15 am  #8

They enjoy this show very much and Ben said in an interview that it could go on for many seasons. The schedules could be a problem but they won't make it impossible for further seasons, the gaps between seasons might be bigger. (that would be bad enough  )
We don't know how their careers will be develop.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 10, 2012 11:29 am  #9

We don't HOPE their careers will be develop.

My reading  mistake Uhm,

I mean, if their careers develop in a way they don't have time for Sherlock anymore, I'm not sure if I WANT that  .

Last edited by Harriet (September 10, 2012 11:30 am)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 10, 2012 11:34 am  #10

Harriet wrote:

We don't HOPE their careers will be develop.

My reading  mistake Uhm,

I mean, if their careers develop in a way they don't have time for Sherlock anymore, I'm not sure if I WANT that  .

That's why I said it like that.
I agree, I wish them all the best, but there need to be Sherlock for the next 20-30 years!

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 10, 2012 11:56 am  #11

So they are busy but Sherlock is not a weekly soap. They make 3 episodes per series, spending perhaps 4 months shooting and the gap between series (like now) can be 18 months or so. I reckon commitments can be worked out. Lots of actors manage it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 10, 2012 2:16 pm  #12

I am fairly certain that series 3 might have to do us for quite a while; however, the option of returning to the film canon is open for about the next 25 years.

I would not expect a flash forward and voice-overs to indicate their deaths just yet.

September 10, 2012 3:34 pm  #13

With reference to Amanda Abbington's Twitter account, she seems to have gotten into an argument with someone as to whether The Moff is a misogynist or not (she came down on the 'not' side). It got pretty heated for a while and I think she simply got fed up and signed off for the night. She was back on now. However, The Moff has deleted his account, tired of the abuse, I guess.

http://www.themarysue.com/things-we-saw-today-104/

Last edited by hepzibah (September 10, 2012 3:36 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

September 10, 2012 3:40 pm  #14

What could possibly be a reason that Benedict's reassurance two months ago:"We love our fans and we love what it's created. It's an incredible thing to be part of [and] it doesn't happen that often. Don't worry, it's not going to disappear." should no longer be applied?
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s129/sherlock/news/a387392/benedict-cumberbatch-sherlock-can-continue-past-series-three.html

Just scare-mongering by some press people!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 10, 2012 3:44 pm  #15

For the fear of sounding a little fatalistic, there is no way anyone can be 100% sure if there will be a S4 before S3 has even aired, no matter how reliable the source.
Probably the actors and writers themselves don't even know. In show business, a year is a life time to plan ahead, so let's be happy that S3 is secured for 2013, anything beyond that is mere speculation at this point.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

September 10, 2012 3:46 pm  #16

Personally, I'm looking forward to Series 15 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

September 10, 2012 3:56 pm  #17

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

September 10, 2012 4:03 pm  #18

Oh, hep, you seem to really looking forward to it!! 
ME TOO!!

Kazza, I didn't mean to offend you, just thought you tried teasing us by posting this "shocking" headline - which we most of the time cannot trust at once (as I meanwhile learned) -, so I just wanted to tease back a bit.
Of course I appreciate all the information you mods and all the wonderful members give us here - and the fun we have! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 10, 2012 4:07 pm  #19

hepzibah wrote:

So do I - and to discuss it with you all and swoon over pictures of silvery grey Benedict and Martin. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 10, 2012 5:09 pm  #20

Me too, ... and when we stumble over pictures from 1 and 2, we go like: Look, how young, and how agile, can you believe ...! 

Last edited by Harriet (September 10, 2012 5:15 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera