BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 20, 2017 8:45 pm  #7621

Re: Johnlock: The Official Debate

I get the impression that if you focus too much on one thing, it can limit your ability to other things.

For instance, some fans interpreted Ben's "love conquers all" comment to be Johnlock. Instead it turned out to be a much broader type of love. 

And now I see fans go "So.. what did he mean?" They are unable to understand the comment when they can't put it into a Johnlock context. 

Did they really miss all the love in S4? Were they so blinded by Johnlock that everything else just flew past them?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 20, 2017 8:47 pm  #7622

I know. It's sad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 20, 2017 8:51 pm  #7623

Vhanja wrote:

I get the impression that if you focus too much on one thing, it can limit your ability to other things.

For instance, some fans interpreted Ben's "love conquers all" comment to be Johnlock. Instead it turned out to be a much broader type of love. 

And now I see fans go "So.. what did he mean?" They are unable to understand the comment when they can't put it into a Johnlock context. 

Did they really miss all the love in S4? Were they so blinded by Johnlock that everything else just flew past them?

Sorry, are you adressing someone in particular? Who on the forum missed all the love in S4?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 20, 2017 8:53 pm  #7624

Not on the forum, I'm talking about Tumblr. My posts are about fans in general (or: some fans in general), not just about people on the forum.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

January 20, 2017 9:02 pm  #7625

Vhanja wrote:

Not on the forum, I'm talking about Tumblr. My posts are about fans in general (or: some fans in general), not just about people on the forum.

Thanks for clearing that up. I stay away from tumblr for now. I really don't want to spend my time reading hate posts about the show I love so much. :'(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 20, 2017 9:03 pm  #7626

Yes it's a joy when you love the show,all the characters, the story lines and are with the whole team from beginning  to end.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 20, 2017 9:08 pm  #7627

Schmiezi wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up. I stay away from tumblr for now. I really don't want to spend my time reading hate posts about the show I love so much. :'(

I agree, so I've unfollowed a few lately, but unfortunately it still crops up.

Team Hudders!

January 20, 2017 9:12 pm  #7628

The show was badly advertised. BBC1 - Sherlocks in love but with who , the whole be part of history , ground-breaking etc and they promised a proper ending/ finale that answered questions and gave resolutions.  But it didn't. The whole thing seems to be some grand metaphor of Sherlock himself and his struggle with heart v head and compromising with both.
Hugging a sister you apparently and implausibly forgot for decades , even if she is a psycho killer, is pretty normal. Plus we have more questions left than answers.
TFP was not as advertised. It was an interesting and entertaining episode, but nothing original.
Especially after TLD which was mostly absolutely magnificent.

Last edited by Mothonthemantel (January 20, 2017 9:12 pm)

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 20, 2017 9:12 pm  #7629

besleybean wrote:

Yes it's a joy when you love the show,all the characters, the story lines and are with the whole team from beginning  to end.

I don't love all the characters but yes, I am very happy that I love TFP for example! It would be hard for me if it turned out to be a disappointment for me.

January 20, 2017 9:13 pm  #7630

I think so, too.

January 20, 2017 9:14 pm  #7631

I found TFP to give me quite a lot of answers and resolutions, and I don't think I have any questions left unanswered. (Apart from a few that seems to be deliberately left open, which I like).

And Sherlock has never been normal.  I actually started a separate topic about Sherlock's enormous ability to forgive those close to him, something we've seen several times. 

Team Hudders!

January 20, 2017 9:18 pm  #7632

Indeed we have.

January 20, 2017 10:09 pm  #7633

Most everything Johnlock theory proposed was true or happened in the main. John unhappy marriage,  struggling with feelings for each other and addressing them , Mary gone , & parentlock.

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 20, 2017 10:13 pm  #7634

I don't think it was an unhappy marriage.
John dealt with his complex wife.  The baby put a strain on the family, but they would have pulled through just fine.  John and Mary loved each other until the end.
Well, rather an old spoiler that Mary was going to die.
For me, the jury is out on parentlock.

January 20, 2017 10:18 pm  #7635

John was texting with first lady that smiled at him. Marys ghost was the manifestation of Johns guilt and not having talked to her about - he was unhappy and wanted more (than Mary) and still did. The moment he confessed to her ( harsh I thought ) she left.
John didn't even trust Mary to be truthful in T6T but planned for Sherlock to confront her alone and slip her a tracking device. 

What is your evidence they were happy ?

January 20, 2017 10:20 pm  #7636

John's regret and despair on the death of the love of his life.

January 20, 2017 10:22 pm  #7637

Grief and guilt after death is not relatable to the marriage being happy.
Guilt more to the opposite.

January 20, 2017 10:24 pm  #7638

I think we may just have to agree to disagree.
Canon had Mary as the love of John's life and I see the BBC team as having done just the same.

January 20, 2017 10:31 pm  #7639

I think Canon Johns twenty five plus years with Sherlock may have a bit more weight than the Victorian house wife . But  .

January 20, 2017 10:33 pm  #7640

Mary even gets criticised for dying...

Board footera