BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 18, 2017 3:07 pm  #141

Re: TFP- Favourite scenes (photos/gifs)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 18, 2017 3:09 pm  #142

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 18, 2017 3:10 pm  #143

January 18, 2017 5:27 pm  #144

I'm worried about Mycroft!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 18, 2017 5:28 pm  #145

I do love that John is in full Sass Mode in TFP.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 18, 2017 6:02 pm  #146

Haha, yes that little smirk that came up made me so happy!

January 18, 2017 6:50 pm  #147

I like when Sherlock and John smirk together at the :  'the kettle's in the kitchen' line.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 18, 2017 8:28 pm  #148

About John's "Thy're not dog's bones": in the canon ACD story "The Norwood Builder" it is assumed that the main character has been killed and his corpse has been burnt; but later they find in the ashes no human bones, but only the bones of a rabbit.

January 18, 2017 8:29 pm  #149

What do you mean only a rabbit?!

January 18, 2017 8:51 pm  #150

I liked when Sherlock said "that's why he stays" and John had a tiny smile.  Then the same when John said middle child that explains a lot and Sherlock had the same tiny smile.

January 18, 2017 8:52 pm  #151

Lovely.

January 18, 2017 9:42 pm  #152

Concerning:"only a rabbit": I love rabbits, and they are really not "only",of course. But it is a bit strange, that the bones of a rabbit are taken for human bones, of course, even in 1895. The Granada series changed this quite cleverly, by the way

January 18, 2017 9:44 pm  #153

Good stuff.

January 18, 2017 9:59 pm  #154

besleybean wrote:

I like when Sherlock and John smirk together at the :  'the kettle's in the kitchen' line.

I loved that too!

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 19, 2017 1:10 pm  #155

Vampire-pirate strikes!

January 19, 2017 1:12 pm  #156

January 19, 2017 1:23 pm  #157

Mysterious scene - Sherlock finds a bowl of the dog who never existed at all:

January 19, 2017 5:07 pm  #158

Planted by Eurus, presumably.

January 19, 2017 6:24 pm  #159

I have to laugh when at the posts saying "why was there a dog bowl if Redbeard was really a child"!!   (Not here, elsewhere)

Like it's that difficult to create a dog bowl with a name on it??  It's not actually something from Sherlock's childhood, it's something made specifically to mess with his mind.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 19, 2017 6:26 pm  #160

I think  he's got quite a Mark Gatiss touch in him  I don't know, it's in his facial expressions...

(btw, it's OT:  I thought the young Sherlock was adorable, don't get me wrong, but why did they choose a redhead child? Just like Steven's son in HLV had quite light hair too. I know it's just a detail but I'm sure that they would have no prob finding a boy with dark curls? Was Sherlock supposed to have a different hair colour when he was a kid? I know this happens, my bro was blond until the age of ten and then his hair turned dark brown. My hair was also lighter when I was a kid. But still...)

Last edited by Punch me in the face (January 19, 2017 6:26 pm)

Just like old times...

Board footera