BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 19, 2017 6:39 am  #41

Re: Things we loved about TFP!

One of Sherlock's best lines.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 19, 2017 8:17 am  #42

Indeed, the way he delivered it was really sweet

January 19, 2017 8:53 am  #43

I am not sure where to put this but this could be the right place. Someone cut out Mary's video and voice-over from the last scenes. This way, it makes for a beautiful and far more satisfying end. I wish they had done it this way. And the funny thing is that it proves how superfluous that whole Mary thing has been:

http://gosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/156073350526/loveismyrevolution-marcespot-sussexbound

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 19, 2017 9:14 am  #44

Well, after criticising TFP for many points I want to point out something good for a change. Though this episode didn't convience me in all it showed me once more how much I admire Benedict's interpretation of Sherlock. It's just unique, his body language, what he's doing with his face... all these small signs, how it worked in his head when he had to choose the one to shoot, as well as the big ones... e.g. when he smashed the coffin... that all is absolutely amazing.

Edit: And of course Martin does a brilliant job as well. But I thought his performance in TLD was his highlight.

Last edited by gently69 (January 19, 2017 9:21 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 19, 2017 9:21 am  #45

Watching TFP again, I must say how I love the change in Sherlock's voice when talking to the girl on the plane.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 19, 2017 9:23 am  #46

Yes, that's right.
In S1 and 2 he would had been annoyed because the girl didn't think logically.

Last edited by gently69 (January 19, 2017 9:24 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 19, 2017 1:14 pm  #47

Schmiezi wrote:

Watching TFP again, I must say how I love the change in Sherlock's voice when talking to the girl on the plane.

He's so very gentle with her. 

If there were any justice in the world of entertainment Ben, Martin and Mark all three would get awards for this episode.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 19, 2017 4:52 pm  #48

And Andrew!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 19, 2017 5:03 pm  #49

SusiGo wrote:

I am not sure where to put this but this could be the right place. Someone cut out Mary's video and voice-over from the last scenes. This way, it makes for a beautiful and far more satisfying end. I wish they had done it this way. And the funny thing is that it proves how superfluous that whole Mary thing has been:

http://gosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/156073350526/loveismyrevolution-marcespot-sussexbound

I don't mind Mary's voiceover at all, but this version is very lovely too!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 19, 2017 5:11 pm  #50

I love Mary's contribution and that was an executive decision I support.

January 19, 2017 5:26 pm  #51

I love Mary's message as the message from the writers but for different reasons than you, bb

-----

January 19, 2017 5:57 pm  #52

ewige wrote:

I love Mary's message as the message from the writers but for different reasons than you, bb

Me too. The words are great. ;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 19, 2017 5:59 pm  #53

Let's hear it for Mary!

Last edited by besleybean (January 19, 2017 6:07 pm)

January 19, 2017 6:05 pm  #54

Hear hear!

-----

January 19, 2017 6:05 pm  #55

besleybean wrote:

Let's hear it for Mary!

Feel free to do so. :-)

Last edited by Schmiezi (January 19, 2017 6:15 pm)

January 19, 2017 6:07 pm  #56

I've corrected my spelling.

January 19, 2017 6:16 pm  #57

besleybean wrote:

I've corrected my spelling.

Me too. ;-)

January 19, 2017 7:24 pm  #58

And I'm intrigued by what double spelling faux pas I missed!

January 19, 2017 7:39 pm  #59

It was a here/hear thing. Had to google to get it right myself, so I think I'm allowed to share

Last edited by ewige (January 19, 2017 7:40 pm)

-----

January 19, 2017 7:49 pm  #60

You have an excuse!
I know, but am just k- - - - - - - d.

Board footera