BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 11, 2012 2:56 am  #21

Re: Sherlock Jewelery

ooohhh---more toys!!!   These toys aren't BBC licensed are they?   No matter.   I was also able to look up dr who stuff  and boy did I have fun with that!!  they even have phone cases for BOTH series.  I want one of each.  Hey, you only live once, right?  May as well enjoy it if you can afford it.  If you can't afford it, buy them anyway.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (August 11, 2012 2:56 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 11, 2012 3:20 am  #22

there's another thread devoted to sherlock jewelry over on the fan art forum.  we should  put that here on this section.  I  love the bracelets.  I  don't wear necklaces or rings  that much, but earrings and bracelets I adore!!  thanks for showing these.  What are the bracelets made of?  silver  or pewter?  I  see one of them is copper toned?

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 11, 2012 7:48 am  #23

The bracelets are aluminium and copper. Posted the pics meanwhile somewhere here..

Last edited by Mattlocked (August 11, 2012 7:48 am)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 11, 2012 10:31 am  #24

I ordered them here. You can order any text in any font:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/oneeyedfox?ref=top_trail

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 12, 2012 1:14 am  #25

I found the pics in another thread.  Thanks mods for moving those threads here!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 9, 2012 12:51 am  #26

I have started gathering small items for a Sherlock-inspired care parcel, in case I get an exchange going.

I have to admit it reminds me a little bit too much of Moriarty though!

September 9, 2012 11:20 am  #27

I'm hoping to have a few more minutes free in the coming week...so gathering mission!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 9, 2012 11:55 am  #28

The Doctor wrote:

I have started gathering small items for a Sherlock-inspired care parcel, in case I get an exchange going.

Nice! I like it. Where did you get it?

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 9, 2012 12:00 pm  #29

For several years now I have been collecting bee pins to represent the Bee Keeper. It's a nice, subtle way to express my interest in Sherlock Holmes without resorting to more geeky items such as buttons and t-shirts (although I have some of those, too.) I keep most of my pins (the silver ones are in my jewelry box) attached to a deerstalker hat which sits on a wig stand by my SH books and collectibles. I like to go to antique shops and flea markets and that's where I have found most of them.

I also have a sterling SH charm necklace I put together. The charms are: his initials, a violin, top hat, pipe, map of the UK, bee hive, bee, a tiny magnifying glass (with real glass), a silhouette of SH (found on ebay!) and a tiny portrait of Jeremy Brett as Holmes. All are on a Victorian-ish looking charm holder with a silver chain. I have thought about making a separate one for Watson or maybe I'll just add some Watson-ish charms to the Holmes collection. After all, one can't be without the other!

On my wish list: A gold sovereign from the Queen's Jubilee (Victoria's, not Elizabeths!) to wear as a pendant. I also want that gold watch-chain Jeremy Brett wore as Holmes. I could see using that as a basis for a necklace with the sovereign as the pendent. With the price of gold being what it is, I don't see this happening for awhile, though!

September 9, 2012 12:02 pm  #30

The Doctor wrote:

I can mentally see the "IOU" in the middle of it! But it's pretty cool as it is.

September 10, 2012 2:31 pm  #31

I obtained these safety pins from, yes, Nepal. Now that I am writing it, it does sound a bit absurd! It's just that Nepalese artisans still mix up their own metals, and can cast a variety of objects. I looked a long time for something special, and this simply fit.

And one of my best friend's name translates to 'honey bee', and consequently I grew up surrounded by bees. I always admired the ones embroidered on the coat lapel(s) - and now with a completely new 'hidden meaning'. How cool is that?

Last edited by The Doctor (September 10, 2012 2:33 pm)

September 11, 2012 2:53 am  #32

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=1346
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=1133
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=1289

These 3 topics all have Sherlock related jewellery in them also.
I'll get the boss to merge these all so it's all together; she needs the practice.

Last edited by kazza474 (September 11, 2012 2:54 am)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 24, 2013 1:21 pm  #33

those I O U earrings are great! I totally love them!! I would love to see some sherlock jewelery made by Shay Aaron, they would be perfect

Board footera