BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 16, 2017 12:44 pm  #41

Re: TFP- Favourite scenes (photos/gifs)

Yes, I loved that.  And thought it was convincing.  Also John not being able to kill somebody in cold blood, even when they wanted him to. 

Also Eurus' childlike panic when she thought Sherlock might kill himself. 

January 16, 2017 12:47 pm  #42

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 16, 2017 12:50 pm  #43

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 16, 2017 12:51 pm  #44

I'm not sure I got it right. Sherlock is the middle child and Eurus is the youngest, is that right?

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

January 16, 2017 12:51 pm  #45

January 16, 2017 12:58 pm  #46

Pav wrote:

I'm not sure I got it right. Sherlock is the middle child and Eurus is the youngest, is that right?

Yes.  She's a year younger than him, and Mycroft is seven years older than him.

January 16, 2017 1:07 pm  #47

I loved the Molly scene too. I just wasn't quite sure why she was cross with Sherlock and had a bad day to begin with.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 16, 2017 1:13 pm  #48

I wasn't sure where to put this, but apparently the Viking at the end was Paul Weller! 

January 16, 2017 1:45 pm  #49

ewige wrote:

I loved the Molly scene too. I just wasn't quite sure why she was cross with Sherlock and had a bad day to begin with.

Well Sherlock was pretty rude to her in TLD... and the man she cared so much for was playing with his life... I guess that was quite harsh on her. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 16, 2017 1:54 pm  #50

Liberty,
apparently it was Arwel cleaning up 221b, too :D

Phantom,
Yeah, probably that. I'm glad she was briefly shown in the final montage. Looks like she's been given an explanation and came to terms with it, too.

-----

January 16, 2017 2:09 pm  #51

And maybe being able to say it out loud gave her some closure... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 16, 2017 2:13 pm  #52

Yes. Even though it was hard to say, saying it keeps one from mulling it over indefinitely.

Also, about Mycroft's weapon: it made me wonder whether he's ever had to use it before.
I used to fence so it was obvious to me, but did anyone else noticed that he saluted the clown before raising the sword to fight? Even when his life was in danger, he still had to do things the proper way!

Clueing for looks.

January 16, 2017 2:16 pm  #53

I noticed that! He assumed the clown had some curtsy! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 16, 2017 2:18 pm  #54

nakahara wrote:

I know they had to be "soldiers" in this scene to survive, but I would have liked just a bit more emotion from John.  I would have liked him to crouch down to be face-to-face with Sherlock, touch his shoulder (anything), and talk him more 'intimately' to bring him back to the task at hand.  Seeing where their relationship was at the end of TLD, I was looking for a bit more bed-side -manner from our doctor rather than 'soldier' mode at that moment; but, oh well, John did offer his hand to raise Sherlock up in a different way than he offered his hand in TLD, so I'll live with that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 16, 2017 2:55 pm  #55

Does anyone have a gif of the scene where Sherlock found Eurus in the attic and he knealed down with her? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 16, 2017 3:22 pm  #56

January 16, 2017 3:25 pm  #57

Aaaaw! Thank you! I needed that

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 16, 2017 3:30 pm  #58

January 16, 2017 3:35 pm  #59

I was sad I didn't get to see that live, but as soon as I saw it I squealed! Such a nice hint! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 16, 2017 3:37 pm  #60

nakahara wrote:

The amount of forgiveness going on here breaks my heart in a good way.
Thank you for the gifs!

-----

Board footera