BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 8, 2012 11:23 am  #1

Martin on driving, Sherlock and the meaning of life

Thanks to Ancient's Gate for this link (Other section). I am glad to see that Martin mentions Harold Lloyd. I used to really like Harry Langdon silent movies (on TV, before my time before anyone makes a wise crack. I' m not THAT old!).

www.readersdigest.co.nz/martin-freeman-sherlock-holmes

Last edited by Davina (September 8, 2012 11:33 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 8, 2012 11:57 am  #2

Re: Martin on driving, Sherlock and the meaning of life

I sense you really like this link huh?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

September 8, 2012 12:44 pm  #3

Enjoyed this article. There are more than 53 of us here so he's doin' OK.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 8, 2012 10:17 pm  #4

Very interesting interview. It's nice to see a celebrity who seems to have his head screwed on right and is well-grounded. BC seems to be that way, too. They would both do well to stay away from hollywood as much as possible, especially now that they have been in some high-profile projects.

September 8, 2012 10:39 pm  #5

The interview seems to have been roughly mid-2010, apparently before Sherlock debuted.

And it seems to get around -- I already quoted this bit on the Nightwatching thread:

The things I’m proudest of haven’t been widely seen, such as The Robinsons ... and Nightwatching.

Of course, that was more-or-less pre-Sherlock, and definitely pre-Hobbit.  But then, as JaneCo pointed out, he did also mention being proud (albeit not necessarily "proudest") of Sherlock:

If you can crack being enjoyed by more than 53 people in work you’re proud of, then you’re living. Sherlock is in that category.

Last edited by Carol the Dabbler (September 8, 2012 10:51 pm)

Board footera