BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 16, 2017 12:13 am  #21

Re: TFP- Favourite scenes (photos/gifs)

Love Mrs Hudson and a Hoover!

​Oh, and the "Cup of tea?" / "Thank you"/ "The kettle's over there!" or Something like that

Just like old times...

January 16, 2017 12:16 am  #22

Loved Mrs Hudson hoovering to Iron Maiden!

Also, this:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 16, 2017 12:16 am  #23

I loved the scene with Mycroft trying to get Sherlock to shoot him. I'm so glad Mycroft didn't die!

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 16, 2017 12:21 am  #24

The more I think about the whole ep, the more I like Sherlock being very, very human in the end and visiting Eurus on a regular basis. They play beautifully together. I have missed Sherlock playing violin.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 16, 2017 12:26 am  #25

Yeah, Sherlock was the only one able to get through to her - at all. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

January 16, 2017 2:31 am  #26

Yes to all of your moments that you've mentioned so far!

Did anyone else think about how they play the violin together at the end and Euros always wanted Sherlock to play with her as a child? Not only is Sherlock finally not ignoring her, but he's playing with her.

Also, as much as part of me is a little embarrassed to say this, the rest of me is not ashamed: when we saw Sherlock and the baby, I let out a small squeak.

Clueing for looks.

January 16, 2017 2:34 am  #27

Yitzock wrote:

Yes to all of your moments that you've mentioned so far!

Did anyone else think about how they play the violin together at the end and Euros always wanted Sherlock to play with her as a child? Not only is Sherlock finally not ignoring her, but he's playing with her.

Also, as much as part of me is a little embarrassed to say this, the rest of me is not ashamed: when we saw Sherlock and the baby, I let out a small squeak.

I loved the playing together part. The music grew and swelled and Sherlock kept coming to visit Eurus, even bringing the other Holmses along. As much as I loved the baby scene, I think him playing violin with Eurus is really the proof of his being a good man (not merely a great one) at last.

-----

January 16, 2017 5:25 am  #28

Love it. They both smile in the end.

Last edited by ewige (January 16, 2017 5:27 am)

-----

January 16, 2017 10:03 am  #29

Vhanja wrote:

Loved Mrs Hudson hoovering to Iron Maiden!

Also, this:

Oh, that was nice....

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 16, 2017 10:13 am  #30

That "That's why he stays!" was lovely! 

Mrs. Hudson was amazing again! I LOVE her!

And Sherlock with the violin was so beautiful! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 16, 2017 10:23 am  #31

I loved Sherlock and Eurus connecting by violin too!  And Mummy Holmes holding Mycroft's hand. 

I know it was silly, but I enjoyed the hijacking of the boat (I'm a pirate), and Mycroft in disguise as a fisherman, and Sherlock in disguise as a Glaswegian!   And all the references to Mycroft's Lady Bracknell.

I know it wasn't popular, but I kind of liked the Molly scene. 

January 16, 2017 10:27 am  #32

The Molly scene broke my heart (I always loved the heartbreaking story of her unrequited love) and I was crying my eyes out. 
It was painfully beautiful! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 16, 2017 10:34 am  #33

I'm glad I wasn't the only one!  And I felt they both came out of it well ... and that it would be OK for them later. 

January 16, 2017 10:35 am  #34

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

The Molly scene broke my heart (I always loved the heartbreaking story of her unrequited love) and I was crying my eyes out. 
It was painfully beautiful! 

Count me in! I adored that scene!

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 16, 2017 12:22 pm  #35

Mycroft´s fencing brolly, Avengers´s style! I love it!

January 16, 2017 12:26 pm  #36

Seems he does know how to do some legwork. 

Team Hudders!

January 16, 2017 12:27 pm  #37

I'm sure I remember Moftiss talking about wanting Mycroft to have a sword in his brolly ages ago!  Part of the insane wish fulfilment, I suppose!

January 16, 2017 12:35 pm  #38

I did love how he had this Avengers type weapon this whole time, and then gets weak in the knees when actually confronted woth violence! THAT was a good scene. 

January 16, 2017 12:37 pm  #39

I did a 'Booyah!!' when Mycroft's brolly turned out to be a weapon; well two weapons! That was awesome! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 16, 2017 12:40 pm  #40

Ah, yes, I loved that moment when Mycroft got sick when faced with violence and death. I loved to see some real reactions and humanity from him.

Team Hudders!

Board footera