BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2017 5:40 pm  #21

Re: Thank you mods and members!

Thank you Lola for your kind words for us Mods.  It's not always easy, but I love it.  And as everyone has said, this forum is an oasis in the wilds of the internet and no matter how much some of us might disagree the conversations are always intelligent and engaging.  

Love this place and love it's remembers.

Also, a huge shout out to our fearless leader and founder, Sherlock Holmes.  Let's hear it for The Boss.  Thank you for creating this great place for us.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 15, 2017 5:41 pm  #22

Yep, thank you Boss...hope you enjoy tonight!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 15, 2017 5:50 pm  #23

Thank you, Boss!  Where we would we all be without you?!

January 15, 2017 5:51 pm  #24

I checked her Twitter, looks like she's keeping  a low profile until after the event!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 15, 2017 6:01 pm  #25

besleybean wrote:

Plus, I really did want to see Sherlock and John growing old and especially if it was together.

​Oh, God, yes! (in John's voice)

​Of course, I wish for a couple (a lot!) more seasons, when you love something, you just don't want it to come to an end, but let's be realistic, I don't think this is going to happen.

​And I agree, the "not knowing" is worse, but I think I could live with one episode now and then. Even if five or ten years separate each one. You know, just to remind us that Sherlock never really "dies" (Oh please, killing him, that's so five years ago!). Oh wonderful would it be to see Ben and Martin growing old on screen (just like they're gonna grow old in real life) and still solving crimes?  (or taking care of bees )

​Anyway yes, I totally agree with the initial post! Thank you all!

Just like old times...

January 15, 2017 6:02 pm  #26

The bees thing is so cool.

January 15, 2017 6:03 pm  #27

Yes, thank you Boss for creating this place! Not just these days, but the near 3 years I've been here have meant a lot to me! I'm so happy this place exists, and that I've found it! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 15, 2017 6:58 pm  #28

I am seconding all the emotions I'm seeing expressed here.  This Forum has been a life line when I first discovered it in 2012.  I'm not all that tech savvy but I always knew that if there was something on "Sherlock" out there on the internet it would be found here and save me the search.  Information was never missed by all our ingenious Sherlock fans.

And the friends I've made because of the show and the Forum!  I have no words.  What an awesome group! What fun this has been - and will continue to be. The games is never over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 15, 2017 7:16 pm  #29

Thank you very much, Lola, this makes me very happy. The last five years with Sherlock have brought me so much joy and new friends from all over the world. I very much hope this will not be the end because I would not wish to lose all the fun and the discussions and the people I met in here. So let's keep our fingers crossed and have an amazing episode tonight. 

Last edited by SusiGo (January 15, 2017 7:16 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 16, 2017 6:45 am  #30

It felt like the end to me...but I am sure we at least are all going to be entertained for quite some time, discussing it all!

January 17, 2017 6:53 pm  #31

I would like to say thank you mods and members too, for something else though.

I have heard so many terrible things going on on tumblr and other platforms, so much hate and anger. I have not seen it myself and frankly I don't want to.

So thank you everybody for the save haven that is our forum. I am so glad I am a member here!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 17, 2017 7:04 pm  #32

((((((((((((GROUP HUGS))))))))))))

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 17, 2017 7:06 pm  #33

*joins the hug*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera