BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2017 6:03 pm  #201

Re: Called it!

The only thing is, as long as Rosie is alive, John cannot move back to 221B.  There's no good place in that flat to raise a child, and besides, it's not canon anyway.  The original Dr. Watson ended up moving back to 221B after his wife's death and Holmes's return, and he was not a single father.

January 15, 2017 6:06 pm  #202

Quite so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 15, 2017 6:26 pm  #203

kgreen20 wrote:

The only thing is, as long as Rosie is alive, John cannot move back to 221B.  There's no good place in that flat to raise a child, and besides, it's not canon anyway.  The original Dr. Watson ended up moving back to 221B after his wife's death and Holmes's return, and he was not a single father.

True, but they can't kill Rosie. We saw how devasted John was after he lost Mary. The death of his daughter would kill him.

I agree to Schmiezi's predictions. So maybe if 221B gets distroyed they can rebuilt it and put an additional room in it for Rosies nursery  .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 15, 2017 6:43 pm  #204

The closer the time gets, the more convinced I am that Rosie(against all the odds) will actually survive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 15, 2017 6:43 pm  #205

It would take a long time to rebuild that apartment building, and where would Sherlock, John, Rosie, and Mrs. Hudson live in the meantime?  I don't see any way for the show to manage to fit that in, and besides, a "two-men-and-a-baby" scenario simply would not work on Sherlock.  Rosie cannot be left out of the picture indefinitely, not if John is going to be a mother and father to her, and raise her (as he will have to do, if she lives to grow up).

Last edited by kgreen20 (January 15, 2017 6:47 pm)

January 15, 2017 6:47 pm  #206

I still say the boys move together to a countryside house and raise Rosie there
*ducks and runs*

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 15, 2017 6:48 pm  #207

And retire from detective work and take up bee-keeping, huh?  Something tells me that Sherlock is not ready to retire yet.  Something tells me he's not ready to move out of London yet, either--he loves that city too much, and so does John.

Last edited by kgreen20 (January 15, 2017 6:56 pm)

January 15, 2017 6:49 pm  #208

Well as has previously been indicated.  John and Rosie do not necessarily have to move in with Sherlock.

January 15, 2017 6:51 pm  #209

But in canon, Dr. Watson eventually does.  So to stay true to canon, John will have to, as well.  So something will have to be done with Rosie, since her very presence in his life prevents him from doing so.  And besides, he can't solve crimes with Sherlock now that he's a single father; don't forget that he has to work to support his daughter, and he now has to take care of his life so that he will be alive to raise her.  And so, either his work with Sherlock or Rosie will have to go.

Last edited by kgreen20 (January 15, 2017 6:53 pm)

January 15, 2017 6:53 pm  #210

There are several possible scenarios...yes the team have been fairly true to canon so far, but we don't have Rosie in Canon!

January 15, 2017 6:54 pm  #211

Yes, and that's my point.  She's not.  Furthermore, there's no way for Sherlock and John's partnership to continue as long as she's in the picture.  To stay true to canon, and so that John does not have to end his partnership with Sherlock for good, something's going to have to be done with her.  One way or another, she will have to go.

January 15, 2017 7:21 pm  #212

kgreen20 wrote:

But in canon, Dr. Watson eventually does.  So to stay true to canon, John will have to, as well.  So something will have to be done with Rosie, since her very presence in his life prevents him from doing so.  And besides, he can't solve crimes with Sherlock now that he's a single father; don't forget that he has to work to support his daughter, and he now has to take care of his life so that he will be alive to raise her.  And so, either his work with Sherlock or Rosie will have to go.

That might be the reason why there won't be a series 5 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 15, 2017 7:33 pm  #213

Well, it doesn't have to be absolutely true to canon.   And it could pick up a few years later, with Rosie conveniently at boarding school! 

I'm hoping against hope that Redbeard is the only one who dies in TFP. 

January 15, 2017 9:38 pm  #214

It would have to be more like 7 or 8 years later, at the earliest, and would John be able to afford to send his daughter to what we in America call a private school?  And would he be up to rejoining Sherlock in crimefighting after a several-year gap?

Last edited by kgreen20 (January 15, 2017 9:40 pm)

January 15, 2017 10:32 pm  #215

besleybean wrote:

I don't know if this really is going to happen.
But if we really are talking 'end game'.
A possible prediction for TFP is Greg saying to Sherlock:  you have always been a great man and now you are finally a good one.
As long as he doesn't say it in the past tense, of course!

You nailed it, Besleybean!

January 15, 2017 10:34 pm  #216

I though about bb too when I heard that! Whee!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 16, 2017 2:11 am  #217

*claps* Nice one! 

I can't remember who predicted it anymore, but someone on here predicted that Sherlock would have to choose between killing Mycroft or John, and that was one of the scenarios he was given.  Whoever it was, I was thinking of you when we got to that part of the episode! Actually, I thought about you people a few times.

Clueing for looks.

January 16, 2017 6:49 am  #218

I think we should all give ourselves a massive round of applause.
Because between us, I think we just about got everything!
Couldn't have matched Euros' sheer creepiness and brilliance, but I think we got the rest.
Apart from the Greg moment, my other pride is calling The Rain man scenario, where I know a few of us had suggested that Sherlock's false memory might have created Redbeard the dog, when really it was a person.
But the truth of that was heart breaking.  I had actually thought it might be Euros herself.
Oh and well done those who called Sherrinford as a place and I think some even got the setting.

Last edited by besleybean (January 16, 2017 7:38 am)

January 16, 2017 9:00 am  #219

I think we were all right about sibling rivalry being at the root of things!  I was pleased as I had predicted that this would be the end of the process of Sherlock becoming something like the Rathbone Holmes - well, I didn't predict it, it was something Moftiss said ages and ages ago about their show.  And at the end, they're bursting out of Rathbone place!  I also remember us all talking about Sherlock having to kill Mycroft or John when the trailer was released! 

I had a list of predictions but didn't post them as I accidentally saw spoilers and I already knew some were wrong and some were right.  For instance, I thought Sherlock would say "I love you" to Eurus.  And I thought Mycroft set fire to the house. 

Well done to everybody who got things right!

January 16, 2017 5:10 pm  #220

I thought Sherlock would say those words to Euros, too.

Board footera