BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2017 3:44 pm  #21

Re: Warning! Major spoiler leaks online! (No spoilers in this post).

Without spoiling anything, I'll just say that as well as spoilers, I also saw what seemed to be "conspiracy theories" about the leak and the screening.   My guess is that there's nothing conspiracy-wise going on.  I imagine Sue warned about the leaked video because it had been leaked from an "official" source.   But I believe that they've also warned about other leaks before, or asked people to keep quiet.  I don't think it's a trick, I don't think there's a fake version, etc.  I won't say anything about the spoilers I saw, except to say that they make sense in the context of what we've seen so far, and don't strike me as fake. 

Obviously, I don't know this and it's just my guess.  I have no issue with people watching the leaked episode (although I think it would be much more fun to wait a few hours and watch it properly!), but I am disappointed that so much has been posted online, without cuts or warnings.  And some of the sites I was looking at I had thought would be safe.  More fool me!

January 15, 2017 3:48 pm  #22

Well I'm still on Twitter and still seeing nothing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 15, 2017 4:23 pm  #23

Thank goodness! 

It just occurred to me that there may well be forum members here who have seen the leaked version and are deliberately not sharing - if so, thank you! 

January 15, 2017 4:33 pm  #24

The thought had crossed my mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 15, 2017 5:37 pm  #25

besleybean wrote:

Well I'm still on Twitter and still seeing nothing.

​I think that people may have deleted what they had posted because I haven't been able to find the gifs I had stumbled upon yesterday when I tried to.

​Liberty & bb: yes, I probably read too much about it. Well, blame it on Mofftiss. They made me paranoid and I never take any Sherlock information for granted until I've seen it with my own eyes! ​ i understand Sue wanted to warn those who didn't want to be spoiled so that they could stay away from any social media just in case, but still, I think she made much more people aware of the leak than if she had kept it quiet...

​But yeah, I've seen a couple of theories online (I insist that it were only theories, I haven't seen anyone confirming that) saying that there may be alternative endings (one for the screening, one for the leak) and that the real one will only be revealed tonight, people even make parallels between that theory and the three different pictures of Mycroft/Sherlock/John (the chess pictures, which would be a hint to the different endings), seems a bit dubious to me, but then again, this show has never stopped surprising me.

​Anyway, just a few hours more and we'll be apprised...  and I'll have to be scraped off the ground ​ (i know I will, whatever happens in that ep! )

Just like old times...

January 15, 2017 5:38 pm  #26

I think we'll all be done in...one way or another!

EDIT:
F-----g h--l.

Just stumbled across what looks like the absolute major spoiler on Twitter.
I can't believe it and hope it's not true.

Mods if you think my post is inappropriate I will remove it,
But please people these warnings are serious now.
Stay away from Social Media.

Last edited by besleybean (January 15, 2017 5:57 pm)

January 15, 2017 6:18 pm  #27

No worries, Besleybean.  The forum would have censored that word if you'd typed it in, anyway.  It sounds like an appropriate reaction to me!  

I'm really sorry!  I don't know what you've come across - I don't think I got the major one, but I got a couple that could be fairly big.  Three hours to go - it's so frustrating.  I don't understand why people do this (the people posting spoilers). 

January 15, 2017 6:20 pm  #28

Oh sorry, it wasn't even the swearing I was apologising for!
It was mentioning the spoiler I think I saw ...
I just had better not say anymore.
One way or another, see you all on the other side.
Well I'll be away within an hour, at least.

January 15, 2017 6:25 pm  #29

I didn't think your post was spoilery at all, so that's why I wondered if it was the swearing!  Have a lovely time.  It will still be fantastic even if you know one thing that's coming, I hope. 

January 15, 2017 6:27 pm  #30

So sorry you were spoiled, besley! 

Have a fun time, you lucky thing, seeing it in the cinema! I hope it's not too ruined now! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 15, 2017 6:42 pm  #31

We'll see...I'll let you know!

January 15, 2017 6:43 pm  #32

Have fun, bb.

I too am grateful that we can chat here without spoilers. It's a safe haven, as many of you have said. Going cold turkey on social media isn't bad at all with all of you guys here.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 15, 2017 6:47 pm  #33

Well regardless of anything else, I am kind of still on Twitter...but I haven't much time left now.

Board footera