BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2017 3:59 pm  #81

Re: Could S4 be the last one?

Sorry. I won't spoil anymore. 

January 15, 2017 4:04 pm  #82

Anyway, resuming to normal service...
Today I've also been thinking about Steven's previous comment that Benedict and Martin only did S 4 for the sake of the fans.
It dawned on me...I guess HLV would have been a good ending point and possibly TAB would have been, too.
So I wondered if the Steven and Mark have been planning for the possible end game, for sometime.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 15, 2017 4:19 pm  #83

I think the endings of both HLV and TAB were not exactly cliffhangers, but they did make the episodes feel unresolved.   I would have felt a little cheated if they had ended then (so what IS Moriarty going to do next?). 

January 15, 2017 4:25 pm  #84

besleybean wrote:

Anyway, resuming to normal service...
Today I've also been thinking about Steven's previous comment that Benedict and Martin only did S 4 for the sake of the fans.
It dawned on me...I guess HLV would have been a good ending point and possibly TAB would have been, too.
So I wondered if the Steven and Mark have been planning for the possible end game, for sometime.

He really said that? 

January 15, 2017 4:32 pm  #85

The bit about only doing it for the fans yes, which actually really irritated me at the time!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 15, 2017 5:44 pm  #86

I don't know how much truth there is to that...I mean, he and Mark love writing the show and it seems the actors really enjoy being in it, too.  If they made more for the fans, they probably enjoyed it too, but also want the fans to know that they are appreciated.

Clueing for looks.

January 15, 2017 5:46 pm  #87

Well, I'm over it anyway.
I love Steven too much to be cross with him.

January 15, 2017 7:33 pm  #88

Oh, has anybody seen Loo's lovely tweet? I don't know how to insert a tweet here, so you have to look by yourself please, it was this afternoon. It was a lovely and touching thank you to the fans and it sadly sounded like a farewell 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 15, 2017 7:37 pm  #89

Yes, I think we had it in the spoiler thread.  It was lovely. 

January 15, 2017 7:59 pm  #90

I doubt they only did it for the fans as the money is also greatly appreciated. It was probably just Moffat talk...

January 15, 2017 8:05 pm  #91

tardislass wrote:

I doubt they only did it for the fans as the money is also greatly appreciated. It was probably just Moffat talk...

What money? The leads come back on pure enthusiasm. If the writing gives them a challenge to work with, they'll come back again.
And Mark and Steven, well. Living your dream is the best payoff, isn't it?
The only one who's about money is probably BBC.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 15, 2017 8:08 pm  #92

tardislass wrote:

It's a BBC show. I highly doubt the money is much of an initiative there, not with the kind of offers Martin and Ben have. Sherlock by now is a passion project. It will continue as long and only if all the participants still want to do it.

Last edited by Lola Red (January 15, 2017 8:08 pm)

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

January 15, 2017 8:08 pm  #93

Though I assume they do make some money off this show... considering the DVDs and merchandise sakes alone...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 15, 2017 8:47 pm  #94

Liberty wrote:

Yes, I think we had it in the spoiler thread.  It was lovely. 

Oh right, sorry, didn't saw that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 16, 2017 6:53 am  #95

It certainly felt like the end.
But I'm happy.
They surpassed themselves and I can live with it, if we have to leave it here.

January 16, 2017 9:58 am  #96

No problem stoertebaker - not everybody looks in the spoiler thread, so it's good to mention it here too!   Yes, it felt like a suitable end.

But, there's absolutely no reason why they couldn't write another series - just with the more mature Sherlock and John, and with those issues resolved.   I was absolutely delighted that no major characters died in TFP! 

January 16, 2017 10:15 am  #97

I still believe in a series 5. 

It could work as an end, I guess.. but it was a very open end and yes, I still, and will always believe in a series 5 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 16, 2017 3:08 pm  #98

Mark and Steven would love to do another series

Last edited by curly3333 (January 16, 2017 3:10 pm)

January 16, 2017 3:16 pm  #99

I know they all say they want to make another series, and it's certainly possible that they will. However, TFP was certainly written as a proper ending of the series. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 16, 2017 3:17 pm  #100

true but I hope not

Board footera