BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2017 9:31 pm  #1

BFI screening 12 January (may contain TFP spoilers)

For any posts about the screening that may be slightly spoilerish (probably best not to post anything that shouldn't be posted, of course). 

January 12, 2017 9:44 pm  #2

Re: BFI screening 12 January (may contain TFP spoilers)

So far I have not seen anything definite. Much enthusiasm but people being quite vague. It seems to be an awesome episode. 

There were some tweets about tea and coffee, though. 

Last edited by SusiGo (January 12, 2017 9:46 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 12, 2017 9:54 pm  #3

There was tea in TLD too!

I really don't want any major spoilers (my own fault if I get them, looking at this thread!), but I'm so curious and wouldn't mind a couple of hints about minor things. 

January 13, 2017 6:16 am  #4

I was actively looking for spoilers but found basically nothing.

Btw, apparently the Johnlockers who went there had decided beforehand that they would not post anything so their reaction won't spoil anything.

Last edited by Schmiezi (January 13, 2017 6:24 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 13, 2017 6:34 am  #5

I practically spent my night looking for spoilers but didn't find anything either !

I need to know if Mycroft is still alive at the end of the episode ! Please, I didn't get any real sleep last night and I'm having panic attacks constantly ! Someone send me a message answering that question, please ! 

January 13, 2017 7:56 am  #6

Here are some - not very spoilerish - reactions from cumberbatchweb:

Just out of seeing #Sherlock The Final Problem. What an episode. Best episode of series 4 by far.

It moves like lightening & is full of character beats you will all adore. Up there with The Great Game for me

Feels both very final & equally like a new beginning. Marvellous stuff

Last edited by miriel68 (January 13, 2017 7:57 am)

January 13, 2017 9:56 am  #7

I found someone's post with a few non spoilery hints.

One of my favourites is the 7th one down!

http://studyingpink.tumblr.com/post/155779733263/okay-since-im-getting-so-many-messages-ill-post

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 13, 2017 10:05 am  #8

Thank you! No. 10 makes me nervous!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 13, 2017 1:31 pm  #9

Shani wrote:

Hope this is the right thread for this as I originally posted it in the Johnlock Debate Thread - sorry about that!

There was a preview screening of The Final Problem in London last night...

It seems that there was no Johnlock kiss or confirmation that they are in a romantic or sexual relationship.

https://twitter.com/j1mfromit/with_replies

The nasty and abusive tweets to Mark, Sue and Arwel have begun already. As I predicted a few months ago, sadly this is not going to be pleasant.

I
Opened Sue´s Twitter, saw nothing there except positive reactions about the last episode.
Opened Mark´s, saw just the usual anti-Trump stuff there, with no mention of Sherlock anywhere.
The twitter account you posted is private and the person speaks about her disappointment, but I saw nothing nasty or abusive about it?
Should the person apply some self-censorship? Isn´t she allowed to speak about her feelings on her own account?

Also, I don´t have Twitter, but I suppose all really nasty and abusive remarks can be tracked to the people who made them and these people could be reported/stopped?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 13, 2017 1:32 pm  #10

Schmiezi wrote:

Thank you! No. 10 makes me nervous!

I understand your feelings Schmiezi, but remember, this statement is true of just about ever single episode of Sherlock.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 13, 2017 2:59 pm  #11

Hope this is the right thread for this as I originally posted it in the Johnlock Debate Thread - sorry about that!

There was a preview screening of The Final Problem in London last night...

It seems that there was no Johnlock kiss or confirmation that they are in a romantic or sexual relationship.

https://twitter.com/j1mfromit/with_replies

The nasty and abusive tweets to Mark, Sue and Arwel have begun already. As I predicted a few months ago, sadly this is not going to be pleasant.

nakahara wrote:

Opened Sue´s Twitter, saw nothing there except positive reactions about the last episode.
Opened Mark´s, saw just the usual anti-Trump stuff there, with no mention of Sherlock anywhere.
The twitter account you posted is private and the person speaks about her disappointment, but I saw nothing nasty or abusive about it?
Should the person apply some self-censorship? Isn´t she allowed to speak about her feelings on her own account?

Also, I don´t have Twitter, but I suppose all really nasty and abusive remarks can be tracked to the people who made them and these people could be reported/stopped?

If you don't have Twitter, it doesn't sound like you understand how it works. If you click on Mark and Sue's twitter feeds you will only see the things they tweet or retweet. You would have to search under their "mentions" to find the things that other people are tweeting to them. That's where the abusive messages are. There aren't many - as yet - but then most TJLCers seem to be hanging on hopefully/desperately.

The twitter account I linked to was because

Schmeizi asked me where I had seen confirmation that there was no Johnlock in Ep 3.

I was not using that as an example of the abusive/unpleasant messages. 

These are here:

https://twitter.com/SHFanFics

https://twitter.com/SHFanFics/status/819733550035406848

https://twitter.com/rayraS2/status/819668554983374848

https://twitter.com/Dawn_GN/status/819658900161130503

https://twitter.com/johnlock1895/status/819918395051282432

And I'm not suggesting that Twitter should delete or censor those tweets. I'm merely pointing out that interaction between TJLCers and TPTB are not going to be good come Sunday.

January 13, 2017 3:26 pm  #12

Shani, I really don't understand why you bring the Problem of nasty so-called Fans to this forum. Nobody here would behave like that. Contact those terrible people, tell them what you think of them. There is absolutely no reason to complain abut it here!

Sorry for the off-topic rant, mods.

January 13, 2017 4:59 pm  #13

Oh well I'm sorry for mentioning it on the JL thread, then!
Thanks, Nakahara: I scrolled down and watched the vid, did everybody else?
Steven was excellent as usual.
He gave the answer I would have expected and I can only agree with him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 13, 2017 6:10 pm  #14

besleybean wrote:

Oh well I'm sorry for mentioning it on the JL thread, then!
Thanks, Nakahara: I scrolled down and watched the vid, did everybody else?
Steven was excellent as usual.
He gave the answer I would have expected and I can only agree with him.

Which vid are you referring to?

January 13, 2017 6:15 pm  #15

Sorry, I honestly don't know how to get a link to it on here...

Click on Nakahara's first spoiler box, follow that link and then scroll right down the Twitter feed it takes you to.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 13, 2017 6:23 pm  #16

besleybean wrote:

Click on Nakahara's first spoiler box, follow that link and then scroll right down the Twitter feed it takes you to.

I think it's been removed. But I assume this was Moffatt's response to one of the questions during Q&A last night? (I was there...)

January 13, 2017 6:45 pm  #17

When I first went to look back for it I couldn't see it, but then it appeared again...possibly takes a while to appear on the screen?  I will go and check.

January 13, 2017 6:45 pm  #18

TheOtherOne wrote:

besleybean wrote:

I think it's been removed. But I assume this was Moffatt's response to one of the questions during Q&A last night? (I was there...)

Ok I found the video. I'm a bit upset people actually recorded this given Steven and Mark both asked us nicely not to record or disclose anything on more than one occasion during the screening.

January 13, 2017 6:48 pm  #19

Oh yes I am sorry, so am I.
I'm afraid I'm a bit focused like that.
All I was thinking of just now was the link, but yes...we possibly shouldn't be looking at it.
I know the team should have been respected, but there isn't really anything that bad there...in fact just something Steven has been saying since day one.

January 13, 2017 6:51 pm  #20

Nakahara, could you please delete the link? I think we all want to respect their wish not to he recorded.

Last edited by Schmiezi (January 13, 2017 6:59 pm)

Board footera