BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2017 11:49 pm  #1

The suicidal and selfharming lady

Mods; if you feel this is not an appropriate subject please feel free to delete. 

Everyone else... trigger warning! Please proceed with caution and take care of yourself. 

It has been troubling me a bit about her self-harm (if she was a real woman or even Sherlock's sister's past he was building into the lady in red). 

This goes from personal experience; both with friends and myself (yeah, I'm pretty open about this... it's part of my recovery) But... people who start harming themselves when they are young often start with the arm... while people who start; or are still harming themselves into adult-hood would chose a more 'hidden' spot i.e. their thighs.

Especially if they did it more for the feeling of the pain; as Sherlock suggested... that the pain stimulated her memory. 

But I suppose, if you don't have the experience with it, you probably wouldn't know... and not everyone fits into those boxes I guess. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 12, 2017 11:56 pm  #2

Re: The suicidal and selfharming lady

I thought she was just so incredibly clever that she faked it - among many other deductions for Sherlock...

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 13, 2017 12:04 am  #3

And she is either murdering psychopat or a victim of something dark where self-harm would be expected. We will se on Sunday, I hope.

January 13, 2017 4:41 am  #4

I'm also very intrigued by this fact, i want to know, if she really does have scars of self harm, and if so why? As soon as i realized it was the sister, that was one of my first thoughts and not many people (atleast my friends watching it with me) cared that much about the small detail.

January 13, 2017 8:03 am  #5

I believe Sherlock would notice the arm more as that is what somebody would be used to covering up daily.   But I agree with the others - it seems to me that Eurus is extremely skilled at acting and disguise.   She created the character of "Faith" who was nothing like the real Faith, but designed to attract Sherlock and send him on the case.   I think she "acted" self-harm to make herself appear more vulnerable.  I imagine she's going to turn out to be just as clever as Sherlock in her own way.

Board footera