BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2017 7:51 pm  #6841

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

ismiseceltic wrote:

There's something about the way Sherlock puts his hand on the back of John's neck that makes me sort of weak in the knees.

Not only you, my dear, not only you!
I share an office with two coworkers who don't usually see my screen. BUT I MAKE THEM LISTEN to everything I have to say on the subject of imminent johnlock ending. *nods*
I also promised them screenshots come Monday.

Last edited by ewige (January 12, 2017 7:52 pm)

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 12, 2017 7:54 pm  #6842

SolarSystem wrote:

In this case there is no "far too many times", Lis.

Haha, that is true *scrolls up to look at gifs again* 

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 12, 2017 7:55 pm  #6843

SolarSystem wrote:

ismiseceltic wrote:

There's something about the way Sherlock puts his hand on the back of John's neck that makes me sort of weak in the knees.

Oh god yes.
And I mean... Sherlock's hands, John's neck...  clearly they are made for one another.

Truer words have never been spoken.
I mean, Sherlock's hand could have easily lingered below the shirt collar, like here John's:

But not after John's passionate speech on taking one's chances while one can!

-----

January 12, 2017 8:18 pm  #6844

ewige wrote:

ismiseceltic wrote:

Not only you, my dear, not only you!
I share an office with two coworkers who don't usually see my screen. BUT I MAKE THEM LISTEN to everything I have to say on the subject of imminent johnlock ending. *nods*
I also promised them screenshots come Monday.

I wish I could talk about this at work. I'm a female in a mostly male world (construction) and even though I have an office job and I'm not out in the field, I'm 1 of only 2 women on site so the guys just think I'm a freak. Especially since I ship 2 men. You know how construction workers are. Their manhood is far too threatened by such things.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them.

And if I shed a tear I won't cage it, I won't fear love
And if I feel a rage I won't deny it, I won't fear love

January 12, 2017 8:19 pm  #6845

ewige wrote:

Shamelessly stealing from nakahara:

Some details indeed!

Just bringing this back so that nobody has to scroll back up too far...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 12, 2017 8:21 pm  #6846

I wonder if the hand on the back of the neck was directed that way or if that was all Ben. I wouldn't be surprised if that was Ben.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them.

And if I shed a tear I won't cage it, I won't fear love
And if I feel a rage I won't deny it, I won't fear love

January 12, 2017 8:24 pm  #6847

I could imagine that there is a choreography for this sort of stuff, simply because of the camera movement.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

January 12, 2017 8:24 pm  #6848

Can a bro hug include such caresses at all? It can't

ismiseceltic wrote:

I wonder if the hand on the back of the neck was directed that way or if that was all Ben. I wouldn't be surprised if that was Ben.

I'm not quite sure what exactly the job of a director is but I think such details are usually left to the actors.

-----

January 12, 2017 8:29 pm  #6849

ewige wrote:

Can a bro hug include such caresses at all? It can't

ismiseceltic wrote:

I'm not quite sure what exactly the job of a director is but I think such details are usually left to the actors.

But it's pretty amazing how well the camera movement and the movement Benedict's hand is making are corresponding with one another here... it's like a natural flow, if you know what I mean.

January 12, 2017 9:15 pm  #6850

Need something to distract me from all and any spoilers from the preview.
Gotta watch those languid, hypnotising, breath-stopping, knee-squeezing camera movements Solar has been talking about

-----

January 12, 2017 9:28 pm  #6851

ewige wrote:

Need something to distract me from all and any spoilers from the preview.
Gotta watch those languid, hypnotising, breath-stopping, knee-squeezing camera movements Solar has been talking about

Btw, all Johnlockers who attended the screening have days ago decided not to post anything until Sunday so nothing would be spoiled.

So no spoiler from them means nothing. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 12, 2017 9:33 pm  #6852

How can we be sure? It would take only one with a twitter account.
*still fretting*

-----

January 12, 2017 9:39 pm  #6853

Check out cumberbatchweb. Of course nothing really definite but it gave me hope. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 12, 2017 9:45 pm  #6854

Please don't, Susi.
I really don't even want to know what kind of wails (happy wails; agonized wails; how many dB) tumblr is producing at the moment. There is only one chance to see the last ep unspoiled for the very first time and I want to take it.

Last edited by ewige (January 12, 2017 9:46 pm)

-----

January 12, 2017 9:48 pm  #6855

Sorry, I thought you wanted information. Which I do not have. Just what I saw here and there and really nothing definite. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 12, 2017 9:52 pm  #6856

Yeah, I'm just... hyperventilating here in advance. Also translating https://archiveofourown.org/works/1154467 at the moment... Johnlock is the best way to take your mind off johnlock
Don't mind me.

-----

January 13, 2017 12:17 am  #6857

I was just thinking of a scene from The Private life of Sherlock Holmes, which is a favourite of our dear Moftiss.

​You know that hilarious scene in which Dr Watson is happily dancing with beautiful ballet dancers? Well, for those who haven't seen this movie, watch that scene for yourself, watch directly at 3'15 when Sherlock turns down the advances of a woman, by saying that "Yes, she is attractive, for a woman"

​"You see, I am not a free man."
​"But you are a bachelor."
​"A bachelor living with another bachelor for the last five years. Five VERY happy years".
"(.../...) You mean you and Dr Watson...? He is your glass of tea?" (tea, anyone? )

​Now, let's focus on Watson in the following scene (at about 5'00). He is dancing with women, until the man who was talking to Sherlock in the previous scene spreads the word that Watson and Holmes are a couple. Soon, the female dancers leave and Watson finds himself surrounded by male dancers only

Here's the scene:

​Have you watched closely?

​Have you noticed what Watson was wearing in his hair?

Does that ring a bell?

​Coincidence????!

Last edited by Punch me in the face (January 13, 2017 8:23 am)

Just like old times...

January 13, 2017 5:25 am  #6858

Okay. This is simply brilliant. Wheee!

-----

January 13, 2017 1:37 pm  #6859

I am wrecked.
So many different things being posted online last night.
I never found any HUGE spoilers and the small ones I found didn't disturb me.
As far as johnlock goes, I have heard various opinions.
At this point I can be at peace if they at least leave it ambiguous enough for me to continue my personal headcanon.
I love this show and I don't think I will hate it after Sunday.  I want to continue to enjoy discussing it and participating in the fandom.
Right now I just want to calm down a bit and wait till Sunday.
It is what it is, no matter what happens.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 13, 2017 1:46 pm  #6860

tonnaree wrote:

I am wrecked.
So many different things being posted online last night.
I never found any HUGE spoilers and the small ones I found didn't disturb me.
As far as johnlock goes, I have heard various opinions.
At this point I can be at peace if they at least leave it ambiguous enough for me to continue my personal headcanon.
I love this show and I don't think I will hate it after Sunday.  I want to continue to enjoy discussing it and participating in the fandom.
Right now I just want to calm down a bit and wait till Sunday.
It is what it is, no matter what happens.

Well said! I am longing for that kiss but will still be happy if we only get enough ambiguity to work with!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera