BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2017 7:06 pm  #721

Re: Sherlocked - The Official Sherlock Convention

Thanks! 

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 12, 2017 7:11 pm  #722

It's 100% sure now that I will go to Birmingham !! A friend of mine accepted to come with me so it will be great ! I think I will be there on Saturday...

I saw Ben at Sherlocked London last september for a photo shoot and 5 seconds after, it was already finished !!  So, if he is there, I don't know if I'll spend so much for a photo...

On the contrary, I will gladly pay for a photo (and/or autograph) with the amazing Mark ! 

January 12, 2017 7:12 pm  #723

I would, too!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 12, 2017 7:20 pm  #724

Pops wrote:

It's 100% sure now that I will go to Birmingham !! A friend of mine accepted to come with me so it will be great ! I think I will be there on Saturday...

I saw Ben at Sherlocked London last september for a photo shoot and 5 seconds after, it was already finished !!  So, if he is there, I don't know if I'll spend so much for a photo...

On the contrary, I will gladly pay for a photo (and/or autograph) with the amazing Mark ! 

Ooh, maybe we'll see you there!

If Ben goes I'll have to get a photo, even if it only takes 2 seconds haha.

I'm going to Mark's talk at the BFI & Radio Times Television Festival in April so I'm really looking forward to that but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get an autograph or photograph then so would love it if he goes to Sherlocked.

Last edited by Lis (January 12, 2017 7:22 pm)

January 12, 2017 7:21 pm  #725

Lis, I'm going to both Mark and Steven's talks at the BFI!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 12, 2017 7:23 pm  #726

Oh nice! My sister and I are only going to Mark's but maybe we can meet up there

January 12, 2017 7:24 pm  #727

I would gladly take 5 seconds next to Ben. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 12, 2017 7:26 pm  #728

Lis: That would be nice.
My Sherlock pal is going as well, so I'm hoping to see her, too.
My seat for Mark is: G 5.

Last edited by besleybean (January 12, 2017 7:28 pm)

January 12, 2017 7:28 pm  #729

Don't get me wrong, I loved that photo shoot with Ben, and I understand the problems with so many people attending, but it was a bit impersonal... I chatted more with Mark and he wished me a happy birthday, it was awesome !! 

January 12, 2017 7:29 pm  #730

Nice.

January 12, 2017 7:31 pm  #731

besleybean wrote:

Lis: That would be nice.
My Sherlock pal is going as well, so I'm hoping to see her, too.
My seat for Mark is: G 5.

Cool, ours are row J I think.

@Pops Yeah I think photoshoots at conventions with big name guests often feel impersonal as they have to get through so many people which is a shame, but still, your  photo must definitely be nice to look at and remember.

January 15, 2017 4:31 pm  #732

So, how long does it normally take till the tickets are sold out for the offical Sherlock convention? I am not sure if I got time at that weekend yet unfortunately. 

And why dont you think that neither Benedict nor Martin is going to be there? 

Last edited by Dumai (January 15, 2017 4:32 pm)

January 15, 2017 4:43 pm  #733

I honestly don't know if they will be or not.
Has Martin ever attended?

January 15, 2017 4:55 pm  #734

Martin has never attended one but Ben has been at both of the conventions they've held so far in London.  
Crossing all my fingers and toes that he will come to the one in LA.  

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 15, 2017 4:56 pm  #735

To my knowledge, Martin never attended a convention... And for the last UK one, Ben was announced a mere few days before the event !!

I don't know if I take my day-pass now or if I wait for more guests announcements... I would like at least to wait until Mark is announced but I'm afraid tickets will be sold out... And if I take my Saturday ticket now and Mark is announced on Sunday only, I won't be able to change... Dilemma... 

January 24, 2017 7:54 am  #736

OK, here is "The Dancing Men" code:

And here is the new message from Sherlockology event:

The signs wearing flags mark the end of individual words.

Good luck deciphering!

Last edited by nakahara (January 24, 2017 7:55 am)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 24, 2017 1:14 pm  #737

I am still keeping my fingers crossed that Ben comes to LA in May.  I bought the Gold level ticket just to make sure I would be able to see him if he does attend.

However, I am thrilled to be going regardless.  The chance to sit in a room with the creators.  *swoon*
And to see Una and Andrew!  I do hope Rupert makes it too!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 24, 2017 5:01 pm  #738

You had me at Andrew!

January 31, 2017 6:07 pm  #739

Not exactly the most tasteful idea to have Culverton Smith children's ward party …  (the others are great but please … why can't people think?)

Last edited by SusiGo (January 31, 2017 6:07 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 31, 2017 6:09 pm  #740

I know what you mean, but I presume the event is really directed at adults...and decent ones!

Board footera