BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 30, 2012 2:15 pm  #1

Undershaw saved

Just seen a Tweet by Mark Gatiss saying that Undrshaw is saved. Nothing more yet. Will keep you all posted!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 30, 2012 2:30 pm  #2

Re: Undershaw saved

Judgement was passed down today from the Royal Courts of Justice which quashed the planning permission granted by the local lemon council for the Grade 2 listed building to be demolished and replaced by 8 separate dwellings. The council failed to ensure that it received English Heritage's views on the plans, as it is required to do in law due to Undershaw's Grade 2 listed status, before it made its decision to grant planning permission.

Further details can be read in the following Radio Times article.

www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-05-30/sherlock-home-saved-from-developers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 30, 2012 4:19 pm  #3

That's brilliant news!!! (Definitely deserves more than one exclamation mark). Yay! Now let's do something good with it!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 30, 2012 4:25 pm  #4

I'm really happy to read this 
If I ever come back to the UK, Undershaw is definitely one of the places I must visit

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 30, 2012 5:17 pm  #5

Yayyyyyyyyyy. I tweeted about it. So happy, now I can actually go visit it someday!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

May 30, 2012 11:44 pm  #6

That is brilliant news indeed! Well done to the Save Undershaw group!

Last edited by Wholocked (May 30, 2012 11:47 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 31, 2012 2:16 am  #7

That is good news, however will all the Twitter & Facebook fans now be willing to help raise the funds needed for the restoration?

I'm not trying to put a downer on things, but what happens next in reality?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 31, 2012 6:06 am  #8

I think we should apply for lottery funding.

May 31, 2012 7:43 am  #9

The Save Undershaw group hope it will be turned into a museum or similar so people can visit. Hopefully funds sufficient to restore it to its form glory can be raised.

May 31, 2012 7:46 am  #10

That would be the best thing to do, I think, Davina. I hope it comes true. 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 7, 2012 4:08 pm  #11

September 7, 2012 5:55 pm  #12

A verdict on the second appeal by developers was expected today. Nothing has been heard so far. Monday will bring an answer.

September 10, 2012 11:34 pm  #13

Anyone heard any news?

September 11, 2012 7:20 am  #14

My sources (Twitter) say it looks like it will be Wednesday now for the decision.

September 20, 2012 9:48 pm  #15

It's official! Undershaw has definitely definitely been saved! It's been announced on the Save Undershaw Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/saveundershaw

Great news!

September 21, 2012 12:10 am  #16

Very good news! It is now on my list of places to visit too. This is really pointless to mention, but Undershaw was a location in a video game I played recently.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 21, 2012 12:20 am  #17

My what a beautiful home. Such a treasure

Disguise is always a self portrait

September 21, 2012 7:07 am  #18

That's great news! I've been waiting and waiting to hear and then they do it when I was asleep! Lol!

September 22, 2012 2:47 pm  #19

By all accounts a fundraising committee is now going to be formed for the next stage of the preservation of Undershaw.

Last edited by Davina (September 23, 2012 9:02 pm)

September 23, 2012 7:53 pm  #20

NW16XE wrote:

Very good news! It is now on my list of places to visit too. This is really pointless to mention, but Undershaw was a location in a video game I played recently.

What video game was it, might I ask?

Board footera