BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 11, 2017 10:14 am  #21

Re: TLD - What is real in this episode?

Yeah, a body would probably begin to smell in an airing cupboard...
The gun doesn't recoil when Eurus shoots. This is how I knon John must be fine (well, that and the trailers, lol).

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 11, 2017 10:16 am  #22

Yes. This was definitely not a cliffhanger. 

As for the body - it does not make sense. The smell, patients ringing the bell in vain, overflowing letterbox ...

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 11, 2017 10:16 am  #23

SusiGo wrote:

Here are some thoughts about John's last session with Eurus:

Eurus is using the John/Sherlock phrase “It is what it is.” So far John has only mentioned universalities, his being better, Rosie being perfect, Sherlock being back to normal. I assume he has not mentioned these words to Eurus. And then the phrase comes out of nowhere.  So she either overheard them talking at 221b (like Moriarty or Mycroft would) or she is not real. 

“I’m sure the therapist who actually lives here wouldn’t want blood on the carpet. Oh, hang on, it’s fine. She’s in a sack in the airing cupboard.” So we are meant to believe that Eurus killed the real therapist, right? But she is using her house at least for the second time. John visits her at least twice and his words about being better and Sherlock recovered show that time has passed. If Eurus killed the therapist before his first visit, someone should have grown suspicious by now. Or even found her.

And the same how she knows that John was talking with the other brother with Mycroft. But she was in Baker street  so might hide something there. Sherlock in his state would not notice.

She might kill the terapist, then cancel all her appointments in her name,  she was living alone, nobody might notice in two weeks if she was working at home only. . 

January 12, 2017 8:30 am  #24

This is interesting, did not catch that in three viewings. It does not have to be EMP but it could mean that Sherlock has been drugged with TD12 and that everything we see is distorted. And it would also be in line with all villains of the show being in 221b at some point:

http://gosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/155756205961/culverton-smith-at-baker-street

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 12, 2017 8:35 am  #25

SusiGo wrote:

This is interesting, did not catch that in three viewings. It does not have to be EMP but it could mean that Sherlock has been drugged with TD12 and that everything we see is distorted. And it would also be in line with all villains of the show being in 221b at some point:

http://gosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/155756205961/culverton-smith-at-baker-street

OMG it is an actual screenshot!
*falls over*
*collects self just to comfort poor Sherlock*

-----

January 12, 2017 9:11 am  #26

ewige wrote:

Does not look like.

January 12, 2017 9:15 am  #27

Preceja wrote:

ewige wrote:

Does not look like.

No, it is. It's there in the quick cuts. Even tho it looks not very sharp.

-----

January 12, 2017 9:21 am  #28

I checked as well. It is definitely there. 

January 12, 2017 9:50 am  #29

This is scary!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 12, 2017 9:59 am  #30

at which point in the episode is that?

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

January 12, 2017 10:01 am  #31

When Sherlock returns from his "outing" with the lady in red. During the "walking up the walls scene", shortly before he collapses on the sofa. 33.12, to be precise. 

Last edited by SusiGo (January 12, 2017 10:02 am)

January 12, 2017 10:16 am  #32

found it, thank you 
very interesting, indeed

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

January 12, 2017 10:28 am  #33

It can mean that we will see more about it in the next episode. 

It is for another thread but I am still confused with all that . Why gave CS the paper to Eurus (or to Sherlock?) while it would be natural to throw it away. What is in it for him? Some agreement with Eurus that he would kill  Sherlock that she wants and for him it is higher level of killing, to kill somebody famous? But is not it too complicated? 

January 12, 2017 10:38 am  #34

I think you might be in the right thread after all, Preceja. Because there are so many things in TST and TLD that make no sense because they might not be real. I am working on a chronology of TLD, just for fun. And it does not really make sense either. 

January 12, 2017 11:01 am  #35

SusiGo wrote:

I think you might be in the right thread after all, Preceja. Because there are so many things in TST and TLD that make no sense because they might not be real. I am working on a chronology of TLD, just for fun. And it does not really make sense either. 

I'm looking forward to it. Will you post it here?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 12, 2017 11:38 am  #36

Not sure if I will manage to do it before my London trip but I will try my best. 

January 12, 2017 12:02 pm  #37

Preceja wrote:

It is for another thread but I am still confused with all that . Why gave CS the paper to Eurus (or to Sherlock?) while it would be natural to throw it away. What is in it for him? Some agreement with Eurus that he would kill  Sherlock that she wants and for him it is higher level of killing, to kill somebody famous? But is not it too complicated? 

I thought it was because serial killers advertise. I think CS wanted to have endless fun with Sherlock.
If Moriarty really was the mutual friend of Eurus and CS's, then there was maybe the additional motive of discrediting Sherlock? Because as far as I remember Moriarty wouldn't allow just anybody to just kill his favorite adversary.

-----

January 12, 2017 12:12 pm  #38

ewige wrote:

Preceja wrote:

I thought it was because serial killers advertise. I think CS wanted to have endless fun with Sherlock.

I think CS wanted to make a fool of the famous detective before killing him.

I even think that CS knew that a fake Faith would meet Sherlock to give him the paper.

If it is all real, that is. ;-)

January 12, 2017 12:36 pm  #39

I believe that CS new more about meeting of "his daugther" and Sherlock . He was looking forward to Faith arrival . If he really was in Baker street with Eurus, he could consider it a good joke, he knew Sherlock would not recognize Faith. And he loves laughing at people. 

But then it fits more to  CS's plan to call Faith, not to Sherlock's so why he did it? 

January 12, 2017 1:04 pm  #40

CS definitely knew about his fake daughter's meeting with Sherlock.
I don't know how he anticipated Sherlock's summoning Faith, but it was one of Sherlock's trumps that CS knew would backfire spectacularly at some point or another.

-----

Board footera