BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 9, 2017 2:58 pm  #1

Well, the Carl Powers case seems to make a bit more sense now.

It didn't make sense for Moriarty to keep mementos for almost 20 years on the off-chance he might meet Sherlock Holmes and have some fun in his boring life.

Now, a sibling looking to cause trouble within the gifted family might very well do so to taunt and tease Sherlock via a Moriarty proxy which is much more probable and makes from a better story arc from start to finish.

Mrs Hudson referring to Mycroft as a reptile also brings a Moriarty ring to the Holmes' family, maybe Mrs Holmes also wrote a book about the dynamics of an asteroid?

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

January 11, 2017 8:28 am  #2

Re: Well, the Carl Powers case seems to make a bit more sense now.

m0r1arty wrote:

It didn't make sense for Moriarty to keep mementos for almost 20 years on the off-chance he might meet Sherlock Holmes and have some fun in his boring life.

Now, a sibling looking to cause trouble within the gifted family might very well do so to taunt and tease Sherlock via a Moriarty proxy which is much more probable and makes from a better story arc from start to finish.

Mrs Hudson referring to Mycroft as a reptile also brings a Moriarty ring to the Holmes' family, maybe Mrs Holmes also wrote a book about the dynamics of an asteroid?

-m0r

No doubt.  😃

January 11, 2017 6:36 pm  #3

Then there is the "Clue" that Moriarty gives about Janus Cars in The Great Game. I've always wondered why Moriarty would push the point home of the company's name, it's clearly obvious to anyone with a basic understanding of Ancient Roman mythology that Janus is the two faced god of beginnings and endings. Why would helping Sherlock with that be of importance?

As I've stated many years ago I think this clue is about something else altogether. Now we have Euros/Eures we could have the "It's never twins" twin of Sherlock giving us two faces, a beginning and an end, the concept of past and future, time, transitions and gateways matched by hallucinations, the Hawksmoor hint and the entirety of I.O.U.

Throw in Redbeard and away we go (Perhaps).

Good to start getting things possibly being resolved finally, or at least temporarily in my head resolved, for now.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

January 11, 2017 7:49 pm  #4

Not too long a wait, now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera