BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 10, 2017 11:24 pm  #6781

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

Don't know the song but it is really perfect. I like your avatar and your signature too!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 10, 2017 11:34 pm  #6782

Ooh I love that song (actually reminds me of the TV show Due South as it was featured in an episode) the lyrics are lovely!

The scene of the hug without music 

My sister just showed me a post, on Tumblr I think, that broke my heart. Can you imagine John listening to the audio of Culverton and Sherlock where Sherlock says he doesn't want to die...

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 10, 2017 11:43 pm  #6783

Lis wrote:

My sister just showed me a post, on Tumblr I think, that broke my heart. Can you imagine John listening to the audio of Culverton and Sherlock where Sherlock says he doesn't want to die...

Oh my.

-----

January 11, 2017 7:47 am  #6784

Hey there guys

I am also new here. Hope its okay to step in here

Wow, this season is so... amazing! In my opinion the last episode is the best ever! Martin and Ben just topped themselves with their performance! Just wow! Reminds me of something I read today... Someone said 'Sherlock is the only show which makes you laugh, cry and having an heart attack in three minutes'. So true!!! While watching the episode... it was so intense! Has been a while since I felt that way while watching a show!

I really love Sherlock and John together! There are just so many things I dont understand... I dont even know where to start :D Why did John beat and kick Sherlock? That was so strange! They never talked about that or Marys 'mission'. Its a pitty... only one episode left!

Have a great day! Sorry if my English isnt perfect, I am no native speaker.

Cheers

January 11, 2017 8:01 am  #6785

Welcome, Dumai. Please note that this is a pro-Johnlock thread. Issues like John's anger, etc. are discussed in other threads. Your English is perfectly fine and do not hesitate to ask if there are any problems. Have fun. 

An another note - I think this should lay the Irene discussion to rest for once and for all: 

http://wssh-watson.tumblr.com/post/155708692207/calliopecookiejar-love-in-mind-palace

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 11, 2017 8:26 am  #6786

Great link Susie thankyou.Very telling comparisons. 

An eloquent and well put together article on why Johnlock should be in screenspy yesterday too.

http://www.screenspy.com/articles/a-case-for-johnlock-why-sherlock-should-embrace-its-ship-of-dreams/

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 11, 2017 8:35 am  #6787

Wow, this is big. They have everything in there we have discussed for years, and it seems to be an established media outlet. Amazing. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 11, 2017 9:36 am  #6788

Mothonthemantel wrote:

An eloquent and well put together article on why Johnlock should be in screenspy yesterday too.

http://www.screenspy.com/articles/a-case-for-johnlock-why-sherlock-should-embrace-its-ship-of-dreams/

Great article! Thanks for posting. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 11, 2017 9:42 am  #6789

Yeah, I've always said that Mark's comment about Ben and Marting going off into the sunset together was very carefully worded ;-)

-----

January 11, 2017 12:26 pm  #6790

I was thinking last night how lovely it would have been, in that moment while John was crying, for Sherlock to tip his chin back and kiss away his tears. <sigh>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them.

And if I shed a tear I won't cage it, I won't fear love
And if I feel a rage I won't deny it, I won't fear love

January 11, 2017 1:05 pm  #6791

ismiseceltic wrote:

I was thinking last night how lovely it would have been, in that moment while John was crying, for Sherlock to tip his chin back and kiss away his tears. <sigh>

You and all the rest of us honey! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 11, 2017 2:35 pm  #6792

Mothonthemantel wrote:

This article almost made me cry.
After having johnlockers be called crazy and obsessed it touched me so much to see our feelings treated with dignity and respect.  To have our reasoning present in such a calm and thoughtful way.

Regardless of what ends up happening on the show I will always treasure this author standing up for us.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 11, 2017 5:16 pm  #6793

About the kiss to go with the hug - I think Moftiss are pacing themselves, they don't want to give us a heart attack too early!

Have you noticed how sweet Sherlock speaks about Rosie? With Mycroft in TST and now in the hug scene too. He barely cares about anybody but wants to see Rosie now that he is allowed. She is a subunit of John, his "Watson" The baby that's been predicted to die by so many fans may bring John and Sherlock closer together yet.

The stars are aligned, seriously. Mark and Steven can finish telling us their story this Sunday.

-----

January 11, 2017 5:18 pm  #6794

No words. 

January 11, 2017 5:31 pm  #6795

I know!.. This show is the most complicated and heart-wrenching parentlock out there!
Maybe this is TV history? Not just a happy same-sex relationship after all the angst and drama, but a happy family?

-----

January 11, 2017 5:31 pm  #6796

From your mouth to God's ear!  The last episode seemed to point us down the "straight" path but this show is famous for rug-pulls and reveals.  90 minutes still to go! It can happen! :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 11, 2017 5:32 pm  #6797

I just had the same thought. And it is something that has never been done before. We had SH in love (with women) in more than one adaptation, but SH as a loving father and partner/husband of a man - wow. 

January 11, 2017 5:42 pm  #6798

ewige wrote:

Have you noticed how sweet Sherlock speaks about Rosie? With Mycroft in TST and now in the hug scene too. He barely cares about anybody but wants to see Rosie now that he is allowed. She is a subunit of John, his "Watson" The baby that's been predicted to die by so many fans may bring John and Sherlock closer together yet.

The stars are aligned, seriously. Mark and Steven can finish telling us their story this Sunday.

I thought the same thing. You can tell he really cares for the baby. He even showed Mycroft a picture. "Fully functioning" hehehe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them.

January 11, 2017 5:44 pm  #6799

Well, somebody has to be the weird Uncle in the family

Last edited by ewige (January 11, 2017 5:44 pm)

-----

January 11, 2017 5:46 pm  #6800

By the way, is this OSAJ accepting new members?? I would love to have a cool badge in my signature.

Board footera