BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 10, 2017 6:57 pm  #7381

Re: Johnlock: The Official Debate

I don't think Sherlock did exactly kiss John's hair. It was a comforting embrace...if that's what you were saying!

I have always been open to the fact that I come from the asexual(or at least celibate) Sherlock school. But from what the team have said, they don't seem to feel quite the same way. I accept that, the same way I accept they don't show Sherlock or John interested in men.

However I was a tad concerned about another comment I've just seen...I say again(just to try and make it clear AGAIN): for me it is NOT about not wanting to see Johnlock, I would have loved to have seen Johnlock.
It's about the facts of what the programme has shown us: we know John has had sex with at least one woman and been tempted by a few others.
Sherlock has only ever been shown to be interested in Irene.
So tell me; what have I not seen?

Last edited by besleybean (January 10, 2017 6:59 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 10, 2017 7:03 pm  #7382

besleybean wrote:

I don't think Sherlock did exactly kiss John's hair. It was a comforting embrace...if that's what you were saying!

I'm sorry, must have been my grammar. I often confuse tenses. I've meant to say that I did't wish for such a kiss despite being a johnlocker (and it wasn't shown, so we definitely watch the same show )

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 10, 2017 7:07 pm  #7383

English is an arse of a language don't worry...I wasn't sure you did mean this!
I think a kiss would have been lovely...but not going to happen in BBC Sherlock.
There has been a distinct lack of glitter, never mind rainbows in this series so far...and it doesn't look like it's going to get very pink and sparkly next time, either.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 10, 2017 7:12 pm  #7384

I like my romance dark and angsty :D

-----

January 10, 2017 7:15 pm  #7385

What romance?
One week to go and there has been none: well at least not between Sherlock and John.

January 10, 2017 7:21 pm  #7386

I'm all about dark and angsty too.  And I suppose that's one thing that might put me off a JL romance - there's no need for it to be that way!  They are in some ways, a cosy, domesticated couple - or they would be if they moved back in together.  I actually see them (don't hate me!) being a little bit like John and Mary were, bickering, a bit of rivalry, with maybe some moments of tenderness and quietly happy together.  Which isn't the kind of romance I want to see. 

Last edited by Liberty (January 10, 2017 7:22 pm)

January 10, 2017 7:22 pm  #7387

That would be nice...but are they going to give us such a cosy ending?

January 10, 2017 7:26 pm  #7388

I start imagining what kind of romance I want to see. I think I'll have to take it to the JL thread...

And I agree, I don't know how they would move from "the family business" to John and Sherlock snogging each other senseless in 90 minutes, but I'll let Moftiss surprise me

-----

January 10, 2017 7:28 pm  #7389

You really think this will happen?

January 10, 2017 7:31 pm  #7390

No.
I think there will be an ambiguous ending and TV history will be made with something entirely different.

-----

January 10, 2017 7:32 pm  #7391

I think so too, but fear what it is.

Though I should point out:  gay realtionships are not at all histoy making on UK TV...we have a lot of it.

Last edited by besleybean (January 10, 2017 7:33 pm)

January 10, 2017 7:34 pm  #7392

Yes, and I suppose with Sherlock being international, that has added to the confusion.  In some countries, it would be TV history.

January 10, 2017 7:35 pm  #7393

Liberty wrote:

In five days, we will know for sure what the story they've been telling all along is, and what's groundbreaking, what's television history.  I'm so excited!

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the source of those quotes? I see "It's groundbreaking" and "It's TV history" used a lot in support of canon Johnlock, but I'm not sure who said it, when they said it and what the context was.

January 10, 2017 7:44 pm  #7394

Holmes and Watson in a romantic relationship would constitute TV history in every country.

Shani,
pretty much every interview with Moftiss had them mentioning making TV history.

-----

January 10, 2017 7:46 pm  #7395

They already have:  it's the best TV ever.

January 10, 2017 7:50 pm  #7396

I think it was Amanda in particular, in an interview with her and Sue, that used the words "groundbreaking" and "making TV history".

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 10, 2017 7:51 pm  #7397

They are all so rightly proud of this wonderful show.
Ghost Mary is a bit of a first, plus her taking a bullet for Sherlock.

January 10, 2017 7:52 pm  #7398

Vhanja wrote:

I think it was Amanda in particular, in an interview with her and Sue, that used the words "groundbreaking" and "making TV history".

Yeah, you are right, I remember it now! Sue looked quite affected by these details!

-----

January 10, 2017 7:54 pm  #7399

ewige wrote:

Holmes and Watson in a romantic relationship would constitute TV history in every country.

Shani,
pretty much every interview with Moftiss had them mentioning making TV history.

Ah but in which tense: past or future? I've often heard them saying that the show was a much bigger hit than either of them ever expected and that nobody could anticipate Sherlock becoming so massive. In which case Sherlock has already 'made history'. Is that what they meant or have they explicitly said that they are going to make TV history with this particular run of 3 episodes? It's quite an important distinction: particularly if you think it's related to Johnlock appearing on screen.

And as I say, I've heard a lot of interviews with them and I don't actually recall that specific phrase being used very often. It sounds rather self-aggrandising for Mofftiss, who when discussing Sherlock are usually quite humble about its global success. I'm not saying they haven't said it, I just wonder if there is a link to an actual interview.

Last edited by Shani (January 10, 2017 8:00 pm)

January 10, 2017 7:55 pm  #7400

For me they should blow their own trumpets from the highest tower.

Board footera